Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Present information to judge without daughter to confirm it

Started by FireFighterDAD, Mar 11, 2011, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireFighterDAD

My ex-wife and I both reside in VA.  We share joint legal custody of our son who will turn 14 on 3/17/11.  My ex-wife and I have both separately filed motions with the court in VA for clarification (mine) and clarification and revision (hers) of our C&V order. 

My ex wife has stated in emails that since our son will be 14 she wants visitation revised.  Under the current order I have two weekend visitations with my son.   

When we divorced the court had our children speak to a GAL.  My (then 15, now 22 year old) daughter has admitted to me that her mother told her to lie to the GAL.  My daughter was told to say that she would run away if she were to live with me.  In exchange for this my ex wife signed papers to have my daughter emancipated at the age of 16 so that she could marry.   

My daughter and her husband have separated and she and her young son are currently living with my ex wife so my daughter won't testify and risk alienating her mother.  My son has told me that he does not want to have less visitation and that he misses me when he doesn't see me.  In light of my ex asking my daughter to lie I am afraid that she will pressure my son to lie and say that he wants less visitation in our current court case.   

My question is--Can I bring my daughter's situation to the judge's attention or, because she is not there to confirm it, would it just be here say and not help me?