Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

dwayne wade wins custody

Started by smtotwo, Mar 13, 2011, 11:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

Not much detail but important. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6212517&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_6212517

tigger

"This court finds that [Siohvaughn Wade] has embarked on an unstoppable and relentless pattern of conduct for over two years to alienate the children from their father, and lacks either the ability or the willingness to facilitate, let alone encourage, a close and continuing relationship between them," read a portion of the ruling entered by Judge Renee G. Goldfarb.

I think that part is crucial.  Also his response to it has been classy. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

smtotwo

Thank you. I do everything on my phone. Don't always get the whole story on mobile sites.

RoosterC

Quote from: tigger on Mar 13, 2011, 02:11:10 PM
"This court finds that [Siohvaughn Wade] has embarked on an unstoppable and relentless pattern of conduct for over two years to alienate the children from their father, and lacks either the ability or the willingness to facilitate, let alone encourage, a close and continuing relationship between them," read a portion of the ruling entered by Judge Renee G. Goldfarb.

never followed basketball but I have a new hero!
That said, with his money I could prevail too, I think.
Id like to think that lodging false abuse claims hurt her case too.

tigger

Quote from: RoosterC on Mar 14, 2011, 09:48:51 AM

The quote from the Judge has to be a direct result of her behavior including "lodging false abuse claims".  I don't think it hurt her case, I think it destroyed her case.  He shouldn't be a hero simply because he won and she lost.  He's a hero because this took years and he never gave up and never stooped to her level and when he won, he showed great concern for making sure his kids understood what it meant BEFORE allowing it to be announced in the media AND he showed great sportsmanship and class in not beating her down in the media and still voicing an expectation of coparenting with her. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

RoosterC

Quote from: tigger on Mar 14, 2011, 10:09:52 AM
Quote from: RoosterC on Mar 14, 2011, 09:48:51 AM

The quote from the Judge has to be a direct result of her behavior including "lodging false abuse claims".  I don't think it hurt her case, I think it destroyed her case.  He shouldn't be a hero simply because he won and she lost.  He's a hero because this took years and he never gave up and never stooped to her level and when he won, he showed great concern for making sure his kids understood what it meant BEFORE allowing it to be announced in the media AND he showed great sportsmanship and class in not beating her down in the media and still voicing an expectation of coparenting with her. 
Ok, I maybe presumed that we all on this board wererooting for what is best for our little ones.
Let me say it more clearly...
He is my new hero because he kept at it
he is my hero because he stands as a high profile precedent that fathers are legitimate parents, who, in lots of situations, are as good or better than moms.
Because he has a demanding work schedule but still makes sure he is a father as a priority, showing a world that doesnt think we exist that we do.
Because he can "win" and still want his kids to have contact with their mother.
Not to inject my own case, but I want the ex to have all the time she can to give them all the wonderful stuff they can absorb from her, but not a spare moment to alienate or lapse into a less than appropriate behaviour.
Not just because he 'won'
but remember, you have to really love parenting to sincerely attempt to do it as a SECOND full time job.
sorry if I read as anything else.