Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:59:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone have a sample Motion for Consideration or advice?

Started by DV8ED4Life, Apr 22, 2011, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DV8ED4Life

I just had my divorce trial this Tuesday in Pierce County, WA state and I did fairly well with time with my 2 kids.

The judge gave me visitation every other weekend Thursday 6PM through Monday 9AM half the Christmas vacation and a month of summer vacation. I'm fairly happy, but I have a couple questions.

The basic child support order for my income comes to $2068, but the judge did not take into account my time spent with the children. By my calculations, using a software program designed specifically for this purpose, I have the kids 156 days to her 209 days. That's a 57% to 43% split.

I've been looking into this and I don't believe the judge legally has to take this into account, but I almost have them 45% of the time?

Do I have any chance of getting the judge to reconsider the CS amount because of the residential time I spend with them?

In any case, I'd love to see a sample "Motion for Consideration" that I could use for crafting my motion. I have just a few days to file it and I need to because my name is misspelled on one of the divorce degrees anyway.

I live in Washington State and this whole divorce experience has been an eye opener on the sorry state of our legal system.

MixedBag

When you do a "Motion for Reconsideration" -- first, there's no template.  Copy the header from other Motions and the subject line becomes "Motion for Reconsideration"

You also open up EVERYTHING for reconsideration, not just the topic that you want discussed.

At what percentage does WA state use the "other" calculator?

AND I think you need to do your math again....

how long is the summer?

What about other holidays?