Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:49:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I may be a dad I may not.

Started by UpsetnOH, Mar 23, 2011, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpsetnOH

My story goes kind of like this. Three years ago I was with a girl and things weren't working out, and not only were they not working out she was pregnant then and has a daughter who is now going to be Two years old soon. Before we could get anything figured out I went to work one day and when I came back everything was gone, and she was also gone. At the time I thought it was mine and I went crazy trying to get a paternity done because she said it wasn't mine after promising 100% that it was. I tried calling her and eventually was threatened by the police and her parents to leave her alone and she was my age which was 23 at the time. I tried my best to get legal advice at the time and was turned down because I was broke and on the verge of being homeless. After she had the baby someone came up and told me that it wasn't mine, that some other guy I guess she had been fooling around with around the time she got pregnant was the father. I have to say yes, I was dumb to easily believe but after being emotionally exhausted and torn I was ready to move on with my life and accept that this now 2 year old little girl was not mine. I live in Ohio now and I am with a wonderful woman and we plan on getting married and starting a family. My mother called me two nights ago and informed me that this little girl looks just like me, same hair and same eyes. I don't know what to do. I am tired of being drug through the mud over this and I just want to know the truth so I can do something about it. I tried then and I am trying now to figure out what I can do I am going crazy thinking about this little girl that I have never met. It breaks my heart to know that I could have a daughter and I have been denied to be in her life because her mother wanted to be selfish! I feel I have been cheated and denied the chance to be a good father if that is even the case and I want to settle this now. We live in different states but my mother lives where she does. I have no real way of getting there but I need to know what I can do to get a paternity done and what I can do if she is mine to get legal visitation. I just want to be a good father and have the chance to do what is right for her. I don't understand why someone would fight this off so hard. I need answers. Please anyone tell me what I can do. This issue with the little girl has had my heart in two since the day this all started, I just want to be able to move on with or without here depending the results so I can finally have some peace of mind.

Kitty C.

I recommend you post to the forums above, like the Father's Forum.  There's a lot more traffic there and you're more likely to get a response.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......