Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Asking for more child support from BM

Started by emt_81201, Apr 15, 2011, 11:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emt_81201

My dh has custody, bm has not been paying all of her child support, well Texas finally caught up with her and she is in arrears, The OAG sent us a copy of the order notice to withhold income from her paychecks upon receiving the forms, we notice she has two employers, when we took her to court back in 2010 she showed us 2009 tax return showing her 1 employer and benefits from the military, we opted not to ask for more child support after looking at the tax return.  She spoke with one of the children tonight stating she has been working long hours because she doesn't want to get depressed when they are not there, they visit prob about 50 days a year. I think 240 a month for 3 kids is low, if she is working as many hours as she is coming off to ss that she is so exhausted. Can they take income from her second job? She lives in PA with her boyfriend. We live in Texas six kids still at home, 3 his 3 mine.

ocean

Need to pick  your battles...right now you can not get anything from her. See if you start getting payments, going to take a few weeks to get to you anyway. They should be adding on a little for arrears so you should see a higher amount until it is paid off. Usually the first higher paying job gets garnished the full amount. It does not get split between two jobs. You would have to prove a need for the change. Is the order over 3 years old? You can ask for a COLA increase...living increase. Call child support and ask if they can do a COLA review instead.

A bigger problem is that mom is telling kids she is depressed. That is something you need to address. That is adult issues and not something a kid needs to have on their shoulders.

emt_81201

we are getting cs just not the full amount, we received a letter this weekend that they didnt need withhold anymore,maybe she paid the state, not sure yet.

Just the fact she pays so little, and showed she only got paid 9k last tax return, the rest was pay from the military for her college which equaled out to around 20k.
I dont think she is eligible for that anymore, and now she is having to work to help pay for transportation for the kids.

She never helps us pay copays or her share of glasses, last time the kids went she her dog ate dh sons glasses and she refused to speak to us about it much less
replacing them. 
This woman tells more to those kids than she needs to, we have known this for a long time, she tried last summer telling the oldest that his dad isnt he dad, and that he stole
his sons ss number and used it and ruined his credit, ever get yelled at by a little boy about this stuff? It is crazy.

ninapook

I'm a newbie here, but I have to say, that is a very low amount of support for 3 kids. If I work OT, that money goes to my kid, it's usually because of things my kid wants to do that I have to work OT to begin with. So if she's working more hours, depression or not, let the kids benefit.

Hang in there.