Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Legal assistance from law students

Started by Heston, May 22, 2011, 09:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heston

I read on this forum somewhere that law students can often help with the preparation of a case.  I contacted the law tutors at my local university and they said students don't help.  I have prepared court motions which I will be filing with the court, but it would be helpful to enlist the assistance of a law student if that's possible.  I have joint custody and have a court date in 6 wks concerning the BM's depriving me of parental time, and disregarding the Court Order.  Perhaps a university wasn't the best organization to approach.  Would really appreciate any suggestions.....

Thanks
Heston

ocean

Some law students may be willing to "help" you but they can not give legal advice or write papers on your behalf. Maybe if you called a professor at the school and see if one of his students can "help" you and then you understand and will not hold them accountable..just help you out.

If you have a specific question, you can ask it here. Many of us have written our own motions and representing ourselves.
Another option is to pay a lawyer to look over your papers. Pay them a meeting fee to review and give advice. We did a lot ourselves to save money and only paid lawyer for court days.