Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:59:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

can someone define this for me?

Started by mistyme, May 27, 2011, 06:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

'We were never married so I couldn't just put him on the b/c like that, they wouldn't let me.'

Huh??  They wouldn't let you? The hospital or the state?  I don't know of any state that mandates parents have to be married in order for the child to have the father's last name or ther father to be listed on the BC.  If it was the hospital who told you this, they were WAY out of line.  The hospital doesn't make the rules regarding what can or cannot be included on a birth certificate, only the state can do that.

I did birth certificates at a major Sacramento hospital years ago, to the tune of about 400+ a month.  I worked closely with the state Vital Statistics office regarding the legal birth cert., but the only involvement the hospital had was offering a complimentary, more elaborate one with the baby's footprints on the back.

If you want to add the father and/or change the baby's name, you can go to the state Vital Statistics office and request to change it.  The father would have to agree and you both would sign documentation to literally make a new certificate.  If you do decide to do this, I recommend doing it before the child is 5 y.o. or starts school....it's just less hassle that way.  If the father is not listed on the BC, you can change the name without the father's permission.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mistyme

No they wouldn't let me, at least that girl in the hospital said no.  She said he needed to be there to legally sign it because any joe shmoe could be named on the b/c and then be gotten after for child support, ect.  That's what she told me.  SAME exact thing with my daughter.  When she was born a day after her father took off, i filled in all his information, I put my daughters first, middle and HIS last name on the b/c paper work.  The hospital said no, sorry he needs to sign it.

I did offer to meet him down there at vital.  I told him what they told me over the phone that he just signs an AKOP form and that's it and he gets on the b/c.  I offered, even when he was on vacation from work and had loads of free time. So this is why it baffles me how it didn't matter than but now all of a sudden it does.  His choice, not mine.

Kitty C.

'A wise man changes his mind and a fool doesn't.' - Anonymous
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Same thing with my daughter but father was there is sign acknowledgement of paternity form, then he was allowed on birth certificate. I think a paternity test should be mandated on EVERY child. Saves a lot of heartache later on. Should be a standard test when child is born.

tigger

Quote from: ocean on May 29, 2011, 11:53:07 AM
Should be a standard test when child is born.

Shouldn't be necessary and is a sad commentary about today's society.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!