Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father's Day uninterrupted - Finally

Started by 4honor, Jun 02, 2011, 08:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

Haven't posted in a long while, but I lurk every week.

I just wanted to encourage you all to keep up the good fight for your children's sake. It is worth it. We will be having our first uninterrupted Father's Day with SS this year. He is 20 now. I came to this site when he was 6 or 7. Up until last year, BM was interfering. Then apparently SS did something that made her turn to him say, "you are every bit as bad as your father ever was" and he left. His rose colored glasses were off. I am sad that SS had to be hurt in order for that to happen, but he is also learning to deal with a mother that has unresolved emotional issues in a way that keeps some healthy boundaries... something we sought for him for years.  He is asking questions -- I promised him years ago that I would never lie to a direct question  -- sometimes it is hard not to play the blame game and keep my explanations to what we absolutely know.

SS calls 3-4 times a week to ask his Dad if he can come hang out... to ask if they can go do something together...to ask for advice. It is so NORMAL that it brings a tear to my eye.

Like many others here before us, we are passing on the torch.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

ocean

Good to hear happy endings...after so many years of doing the right thing for the kids...   :)

Kent

4H!

I know it has been a very long road, but it is so good to see that SS is finally coming around and can find out what really happened.
I know you will enjoy this Father's Day, it was a long time coming!

Kent!

Kitty C.

I'm so happy for you and your family, 4H!  After all you all have been through, this must be such a blessing.  Even moreso, SS's realization of the lies he's been told all these years. It's heartwarming to see that he and DH are growing closer!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

msme

Hi 4! I am so happy for you & your family. Our battle still rages so we endure & hang on to the hope that the next 5 years won't be as bad since there will only be 1 child for her to torment. The other 2 graduated last month.
I too lurk & jump in from time to time. Most of our recent problems have been minor compared to the early years. Don't be a stranger. There are so many who can benefit from your expertise.
Hugs