Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Assault

Started by sillyviolet, Jun 04, 2011, 04:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyviolet

I smacked my ex in the shoulder because he wouldn't let me see the boys grades. His wife called the cops on me, so now I am facing assault charges.  Just for a little smack on the arm.

Waylon

Quote from: sillyviolet on Jun 04, 2011, 04:07:34 PM
I smacked my ex in the shoulder because he wouldn't let me see the boys grades. His wife called the cops on me, so now I am facing assault charges.  Just for a little smack on the arm.
Good, she should have. You assaulted him. (Technically you committed "assault and battery".)

I'm sure if he had "smacked" you on the arm, you'd be in here screaming about domestic violence and how he attacked you for no reason, etc etc etc.

Don't expect anyone here to support you for assaulting him. What you did was wrong.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

sillyviolet

I'm not looking for support. I know I shouldn't have smacked him in the arm, but I get so tired of the BS that he pulls all the time.

Waylon

You know, you can request copies of the children's grades from the school. It's the law- they have to give them to you or face federal penalties:  http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/ferpa-complaint.php
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ocean

Around here, the grades are online. Each parent can request their own password and see attendance, grades, online live each day. See if the school has that or else get on the mailing list for report cards and get a set sent one to you.

sillyviolet

Somehow he had me blocked from the school, so I couldn't get any information from them. That's why I got so upset when he wouldn't share the grades with me. I guess I will have a talk with the Principal to see how I go about being unblocked so this doesn't happen again.

bloom6372

Unless your Court Order states you don't have access, then you have access. Find out the state laws, and write them a letter similar to the letter here for school records citing Ferpa and the state law.

As for calling the cops, Waylon is right. You DID assault him and his wife should have contacted the cops. Had positions been reversed, you would have called the cops on him. Just because you're a girl hitting a guy doesn't mean it's not assault. You have no right to put your hands on him.

gemini3

sillyviolet, maybe you should get some anger management classes?  I hear you saying that you know it was wrong, but in the same sentence you blamed it on him.  That's not good.  Do you hit your children when they don't do what you want them to?

I agree with Waylon.  You deserve the assault charges.  There are plenty of legal ways you can get the information you want.  Physical intimidation is not one of them.  Get some help if you can't control yourself.

sillyviolet

I've already arranged for taking anger management classes as suggested by my attorney. After jumping through various hoops, I was able to get myself unblocked and got the kids grades today.