Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Filing a complaint against Guardian Ad Litem & removing???

Started by sshanej, Sep 08, 2011, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshanej

I'll keep it short...
My ex filed for GAL, since the beginning she's sided with my ex and has been a huge part in me having never met my son. (he's 18months now) she also failed to provide me with a report, always showed up late to court and while she visited my ex's house numerous times, has only visited mine for approx. 15min. I'm a well deserving father who has raised my daughter for ten years on my own and I own my own successful business.
The judge finally awarded me visitation against the GAL recommendation and now my ex denied me visitation and the gal is asking for a judgement for the entire amt.
Any thought about me filing a complaint against the GAL, having her removed and enforcing visitation?
Thanks in advance.

ocean

Little confused on what the GAL is asking for?

If she denied the visitation, get proof she denied, then you go to the family court house, and file contempt of court papers for denying visitation. She will then have to tell the same judge why she is not following the courts order. The GAL should not be part of the case anymore after the judge's decision. If it comes up again, ask for a new GAL as this one encouraged ex not to follow last court order.

sshanej

Sorry I should have been more clear but didn't want to be to wordy.
My ex and I initially paid gal $1500.00, $750.00 each. Now she's claiming another $1600.00 is owed her and asking for a judgement against me for almost $900. and a judgement for my ex the difference. WTF not 50/50 for starters, second I never agreed to pay her more and have never seen a detailed bill. We have filed to find her in contempt. The gal visited her house numerous times and mine for fifteen minutes. Per the Gal statute, I'm going to ask that the "petitioner", my ex pay for all on the grounds I can't afford it.
Thoughts? Thanks

ocean

Do you have a receipt from first bill? or an initial bill? How was the first 1500 decided? Try to get proof of that.

sshanej

I checked and I don't have the receipts. It was decided by judge 50/50.
Anyway, I didn't know the gal would be less than a half-wit. Let me know your interpretation of il gal statute 755  5/11a 10 section a. I'm asking that the petioner be responsible for paying the gal on the grounds that I can't afford it.

Anyone reading this beware of the following attys:
Rudy Rios-Elgin, Waukegan IL
David Camic- Aurora, Elgin IL
Sharon O'hara-Elgin IL

sshanej

Quote from: sshanej on Sep 09, 2011, 01:59:16 PM
I checked and I don't have the receipts. It was decided by judge 50/50.
Anyway, I didn't know the gal would be less than a half-wit. Let me know your interpretation of il gal statute 755 ilcs 5/11a 10 section a. I'm asking that the petioner be responsible for paying the gal on the grounds that I can't afford it.

Anyone reading this beware of the following attys:
Rudy Rios-Elgin, Waukegan IL
David Camic- Aurora, Elgin IL
Sharon O'hara-Elgin IL

ocean

If your papers say 50/50 with no number amount then ....not sure you will win that one. I think you should of argued the case THEN, now she is asking for the court order from then to be forced.
Please remember I am not a lawyer, and not from your state, we are here to help each other from own experiences in the family court room.