Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

bio dad unwilling to compromise on visitation.

Started by twistedtmama, Jun 29, 2011, 04:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twistedtmama

Because his kindergarten teacher recommended he attend summer school. And he was in regular preschool but I considered it daycare because the program he was in stunk.

Quote from: Kitty C. on Jun 29, 2011, 07:13:04 PM
Just one question....if he hasn't started kindergarten yet, why is he going to summer school?  If it's basically considered a type of daycare then, IMO, you might be in contempt if you fail to have him available for his father on the days he's currently CO'd to have the child.  Courts view school and daycare as two separate entities.

I may be all washed up regarding this...but that's the first impression that I had....

As for the rest (kindergarten and his demand that you homeschool), I agree with the other posters here....

twistedtmama

No my son is not special needs. He is going to public school in september. He is just being difficult summer school is only 8:30am to 11:30am I don't see why he can't pick him up on his visitation day and keep him an extra two hrs.

Quote from: ocean on Jun 30, 2011, 06:26:23 AM
Good point... I just figured this child was maybe special needs and had a 12 month program?

The schooling has to be through the public school and not daycare. If child has IEP, bring that with you to court to show child needed to go to school and you offered after school or a day on the weekend.

If this is a summer school that the district is running for new Kindergarteners, then I would have child go but skip Tuesdays and be with dad.

Bottom line is that dad needs to change visitation, either July or Sept. Sounds like he is not one to push and be there so up to you. Bring it to court and get it settled for the next 12 years or stuck arguing.

ocean

Do you have a letter from the school district in writing about this summer program? Since he gets him every other Tuesday...you could allow child to miss school those 2 or 3 times it falls on his days BUT once K starts he can not do that. Mail him a copy of that letter, and offer to switch days for him and ask for a response in writing. (or email and scan letter). or just say he can have him from 11:30 and add an hour at the end of his time?

Also look at the school calendar. We have off so many days throughout the year. Maybe print out school calendar and tell him to highlight 2 days a month he wants him? Do you have anything written about holidays? 

twistedtmama

Yes I do have a letter from the district about the summer program its only monday-thursday 8:30am to 11:30am. On Tuesdays on his visitation bio dad has the whole day off, so he could definatly pick him up from summer school I offered for him to pick him up at 11:30 and return him at 7:30 but he refuses. For holidays it is agreed on by both parents, because he asks to take him holidays then never shows up.