Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:03:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting Plans

Started by docugrrrl, Jul 05, 2011, 07:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docugrrrl

I am trying to find parenting plan templates that have been successful for other parents.  We're thinking about a 2-2-3 schedule with our 4 and 7 year old.  I would love any feedback or suggestions you may have.  If anyone is willing to share their plan or have a great resource where I can view multiple plans, it would be extremely helpful.  I also need to find terms that apply to a recovering addict & random drug testing to ensure the safety of the girls.

Thank you!

MixedBag

There's plenty of examples here at this site if you search on parenting plans.

ocean

If you have worries about drug abuse then that needs to be addressed before you hand over 50/50 custody. You can have both parents tested for x amount of times and have it be random tests. Has the other parents gone through and continue therapy/counseling/program? You can have visitation go hand in hand with that parent continuing therapy/dr/medication. You can also have in the papers that no parent will drink/drugs in front of children during their visitation times.

boilergal

I can't address how you handle the drug issues/concerns.  But my experience with a 2/2/3 rotation has been great.  But my X and I coparent very well and with potential drug and parenting concerns, I don't know how well or comfortable it would be.

My X and I live about 4 blocks apart and we coparent well and are friends now that we are no longer married.  DS was 4 when we split and we did the 2/2/3 from the beginning.  We've been doing it for 3 1/2 years and DS is great with it.  We alternate Thanksgiving week, Christmas week and New Years week plus spring break.  We each have the option for two one week stints in the summer.  I always exercise both of my weeks and X usually exercises only one because work is busier in the summer.  We have both made an effort to put DS first and make sure that he has opportunities with both families.  We switch weekends and trade days as needed.

I will readily admit that we are not the norm.  We had problems at the beginning, but we both focused on DS and both wanted the 50/50.  And living close makes it very easy.

Good luck