Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:51:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CS question

Started by jforce, Jul 29, 2011, 08:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jforce

I live in GA and have 2 children who live with their mother. I am currently paying CS and paying arrears. I have recently had to get medical insurance on the children since their mother changed jobs and can not get it. I am also now paying out of pocket expenses on medical appointments for the children. the most costly being my daughters braces since the account is now 2 months past due. i am just wondering if i can get these out of pocket expenses deducted from my arrears amount? Any help would be appreciated.

ocean

What does your court order say about out of pocket expenses?

It is usually split between the two parents by percentage. We have 50/50 split and we pay the orthodontist directly our half. It has nothing to do with your arrears.

brwneyedmom

When BD owed over 5 grand in back medical expenses, we negotiated for him to pay the full cost of braces and called the extra $200 he owed a wash. That worked out very well for us. We had to have the help of a mediator to do this; there was not agreeing to anything unless it was what he wanted. What he wanted was not always in DS's best interests.
Try mediation, if it's available. We just wrote this into a motion shifting custody to BD when DS was 14.