Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Social Security Act - Title IV Part is why you don't see your children equally

Started by CarteretCountyNCDad, Jul 13, 2011, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarteretCountyNCDad

Has anyone read the federal legislation and wording contained in the Social Security Act, Title IV, Part D?

I believe this single piece of legislation is why fathers, paternal grandmothers, step-mothers, paternal aunts do not see their children equally and do not receive custody.

Basically this legislation establishes that if US States set up child support enforcement agencies to collect and report performance to the federal government then they have access to billions of dollars contained in federal coffers. I take performance to mean MORE child support collected each year. The only way MORE can be collected is if mothers get more time and custody.
NC Child Support and NC Custody

gemini3

Yep.  This is kind of old news... it's been that way for a long time.  But news to a lot of people because most have no idea. 

CarteretCountyNCDad

Quote from: gemini3 on Jul 13, 2011, 02:28:04 PM
Yep.  This is kind of old news... it's been that way for a long time.  But news to a lot of people because most have no idea. 

gemini3,
what is some current legislation that you find particularly dangerous for men and their quest for equality in the family courts?
NC Child Support and NC Custody

gam

I get your point on fathers and agree. I personally don't know of any federal legislation. I pay attention to state, and my state is different then yours. I feel state legislation is more important to pay attention to and be active in on these issues. To many other federal  things to worry about and not enough time to be active in everything. Anyhow, keep an eye on your state legislation.

As for the others you listed, paternal grandparents, step-moms, paternal aunts, they are 3rd parties. I personally don't feel they should have rights in this, only the parents of the child should have rights. I do hear ya, on when a father is limited in time or any parent for that matter, that will also limit that persons extended family time. But giving to many rights to all these 3rd parties would be a mess and a huge mistake in my opinion. For the record I am both a maternal and paternal grandparent. My rights as the grandparent are to work with the parents to get to see my grandchildren. I have grandchildren in split situations, the time I get to see them is always through the parent of the child I am parent to. I would never go to the parent, that I am not the parent of and ask or expect them to give me time. If they kindly offered it, I would jump at it, but that is not likely to happen and that is their right, not mine.

My point is be careful in thinking that 3rd parties should have rights, cause that can come back on you, cause you have to keep in mind these extended 3rd parties are also on the other side to. If your side of 3rd parties get rights the other side will have those rights to. It would be way to many having rights to the child.