Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Subpoena of Records

Started by DCSoldschool, Dec 17, 2011, 08:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCSoldschool

My wife is submitting false receipts for me to pay.  She enters a target store buys something on a credit card then retruns later getting a refund.  How do I subpoena target for their records ?  or subpoena an employee to testify in court stating these facts.  I am in california and in pro per.  I was told or heard being in pro per I cannot subpoena.  I must get something stamped from the courts or have an attorney do it.

Anyone know the answers ?

Waylon

Does your parenting plan state that you have to pay for the things she's buying? If it doesn't specifically state that you do, then in general you don't have to reimburse her for these purchases.

Quote from: DCSoldschool on Dec 17, 2011, 08:20:25 AM
My wife is submitting false receipts for me to pay.  She enters a target store buys something on a credit card then retruns later getting a refund.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DCSoldschool

It is currently a tempory court order.  We are to return to court to review what she has submitted then discuss this.  So what she may be doing is inflating these costs.

neutron11

you should subpoena her bank records. If she is returning stuff, that would show in her credit card records. But I'm not sure what is the procedure for subpoena when you are pro se. Sorry!

ocean

Some places if you use your debit credit card and return, they give you cash so the bank records may not work.

What is she buying that you have to pay from the department store? Offer to buy it yourself, then rip off all tags before child gets it. Are you paying reg child support too?