Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:49:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

bmom wants to cut visitation short

Started by beadvendor, Aug 06, 2011, 07:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadvendor

my dh has his daughter every summer all summer and every other holiday for visitation. We have long distance visitation, bmom and sd live in fl and we live in ca. Bmom called my dh telling him that he needs to send her back early since she planned a vacation, dh said no, what do you all think?

Kitty C.

Let me ask you this:  what do you think she'll do if he doesn't comply?  Haul him back to court for contempt?  Impossible, if the CO specifies he has all summer.

BUT.....if he refuses to send SD back as BM asks, and BM gets pissed enough, what she might do is make any future visitation very difficult.  One possibility is that he might ask BM that if that's is what she wants, she will need to petition the court for it.  Given how much time is left of the summer, you know that won't happen in time.

Has she ever made parenting time difficult in the past?  And, if so, what was the outcome?

I worked with a LD CO when DS was younger (he's 22 now)...I am in IA and Dad lived in CA (past tense because Dad passed away when DS was 13).  Ours was also all summer....DS left one week after school was out and came back one week before school started, then holidays was EO X-mas.  I understand the difficulties of LD parenting.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Mom just brought this up this week? Is there change in plane tickets needed for this? Doesn't school start in Fla soon?
Legally, you are fine to keep child until the court ordered date. Does she have anytime for vacation with her if she wanted to?

beadvendor

bmom home schools her so she can pretty much vacation with her anytime.

ocean

Then no. If she called and asked nicely that she got a deal on vacation and offered an additional week somewhere else in the year, then maybe. Since she is homeschooled, she can come to you at different times.

gemini3

Yep, vacations with CP's don't take precedence over visitation with NCP's.  All parties should be planning vacations during THEIR parenting time.

wife1

We have the same problem EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Bio mom demands the child be returned when SHE wants which is not what the papers say, but she uses it as a tool because we don't want the boy to get the brunt of her anger. Your right she should of planned her vacation around his time, she has plenty of time during the school year that she can make different arrangments. You should tell your husband to send her one of those letters, Intent to excercise visitation this way you have it documented if she refuses him his time. This wil make her very mad i promise but its the only way to be fair to the child and her father. But at least this way Bio  mom knows she can't keep cheating bio dad out of his rightful time.
trying to make it through each day as best as I can...