Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:49:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Had court, now divorced, but still no visitation

Started by swanseastop, Aug 16, 2011, 08:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swanseastop

We had a mediator and we came to an agreement that supervised visitation would happen. At the last minute, she backed out. When I brought it to the courts attention today, all he said was "Sounds like this needs to go to trial.." Ok, great... only issue is, new court date is set for December!!!! So I guess I can't see my daughter till then? Please help.

Kitty C.

Did you ask your atty. what would happen between now and then?  He's the only one who can answer that.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

swanseastop

gemini3

Have you seen your daughter at all since you seperated?  Was there any visitation or custody agreed to in the seperation paperwork?

Why supervised visitation?  What was her reason for backing out?

It's hard to advise with no background.

ocean

Call her lawyer and ask to set up a parenting plan until court...see what that brings out...(will you accept supervised until court? then even offer that..give a few choices).
Call first, then follow up with a letter to lawyer.

Davy

Not saying what is or isn't but if your state bifircates (handles issues separately) then it is possible a motion for divorce was filed and that is what was heard and ruled upon..   

Whatever !!  It appears your appropriate course of action is to motion for temporary custody to get a "hearing".  No harm ... No foul  !!