Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Object to move?

Started by Guidanceneeded, Jan 30, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidanceneeded

I have joint custody (every other week) of my kindergartner with her bio mom. My daughter had been molested by mom's ex husband. Mom did not believe our daughter about abuse for over a year and has been very difficult over the years. Mom has a lot of emotional issues. Mom's divorce was final 2 weeks ago. She was pregnant, after a night of drinking, and became engaged 5 months ago though. She plans on marrying next month, and is requesting permission to move in with her future husband. I don't believe she could really know well enough yet or trust her judgment. This man has talked about having a drinking problem in the past. Should I object to her moving out daughter in with him?

tigger

I'm concerned that you even have to ask.  NO, don't object to her moving in with him.  YES, object to your daughter moving in with him. I'd object to her even having overnights at his house because you know she's not going to rest easy worrying if he's going to abuse her too.

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

Is the new husband in same school district? You can use that to file for physical custody,especially during school year. You really can not stop her moving in but like Tigger said, you can file so child primary residence is with you.

In new court order, you can add wording that there will not be drinking around child during parenting time. You could ask for first right of refusal, and if mom needs to have a babysitter at anytime, she has to call you first (and put in there, father has first right before anyone including future step-fathers or family members).