Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:47:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daughter being mentally and physically abused by step mother

Started by shannaranae, Jul 23, 2011, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannaranae

I am at my wits end as what to do... My daughter is 13 years old. Her step mother has been mentally and physically abusing her for awhile now. She has slapped her across the face, pulled her out of bed by her ankles, yanked her out of her room and pushed her into a wall, and is constantly telling her that noone believes her when she tells someone. Her father refuses to listen to her, and tells her she is lying. Her step mother filed for a restraining order against me, which was granted, then when we stopped at her fathers home to pick up a few of her things, her step mother came out to my van, which was parked by the street, and not their driveway, and started pulling my hair and punching me in the head. I was in my seatbelt and never exited the vehicle. Since that time, my daughter has refused to return to her fathers home. I filed a petition to modify custody, which he got 3 years ago because I refused to put her on medication for ADD, but was seeking other treatment, which was working wonders. When we went to court that time I didn't have an attorney, and nothing I had to say or show as proof mattered to the judge. Anyway, we just went to court, my daughter testified about the abuse, that she is afraid to return home, and about how her step mother is always talking bad about me and how they keep visitation from me, because they feel like it. The judge obviously didn't care because I just got the order that says I have to return her to her fathers home by 5 pm this Monday, July 25th, 2011. She is scared to go home. She has ran away, cps has been called, she has called 911, noone has done anything, and I don't know what to do. I don't want to send her back, but I also don't want to go to jail. My daughter has tried numerous times to call her father, but he wont answer or call her back. Does anyone know of anything at all that I can do to get my daughter out of that home? The judge even said in her order that the step mother over reacts, and needs to get help on how to deal with raising a teenage step child, so she obviously thinks there is a problem but has no issue with sending her back there. The step mother also has criminal charges pending against her because of jumping me (which by the way was right in front of my daughter). I believe their attorney and the judge are friends, and doing each other favors, but could never prove that, just an observation. Please someone, help... my daughter is terrified... I would love to help her, but everthing I try seems promising in the beginning then slaps us in the face....

Thank you for reading this post, it means the world to us!!!

gemini3

Divorced Diva

Is your daughter seeing a psychologist?  I ask because my children are..court ordered..and my children have both exhibited concerning behaviors and have expressed to thier doctor they want to see me more.  Coming from a "professional"'s word of mouth should be proof enough.

Good luck..it's horrible to not be able to protect your own children :(