Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 03:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

overnights

Started by beadvendor, Sep 05, 2011, 01:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadvendor

since I have last posted my husband and I have relocated to be near his daughter he now has overnights bmom is not complying and is withholding overnights because she doesn't want to share, what should my husband do?

ocean

Do you have a court order?
If yes, they just keep her overnight, if she calls, let it go to voicemail, if police show up to door, show them court order. They will tell her to go to family court if she does not like it. Keep child in a bedroom if that happens and do not agree to give child back, they may want to see child to make sure she is okay, police can come in and see her but BM stays out. Police are very used to it and you can even call the local police non-emergency number to let them know the situation, that you have a court order and plan on keeping child to end of visitation. That way when she calls they may stop her in her tracks. If she shows up at door, call police, do not answer door.

If you do not have a court order, go to family court in last court that heard case to change order now that you are close. It is called "modification of visitation papers". Fill them out, serve her, show up at court date. You should be getting at least one night a week and every other weekend Fri-sun/mon to school.