Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:45:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Living below the poverty level

Started by rhelle, Sep 12, 2011, 12:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhelle

Well, after speaking with the AG office in her state, I don't feel any better.  It's all up to the judge. If the judge thinks we have a valid reason, great!! If not, and if it's a mom friendly judge, then I will have to pay the original amount....which will be the entirety of my net monthly income.  I don't really understand how that is acceptable or better for the children, but I guess I don't get to have an opinion.

Simplydad

Quote from: rhelle on Sep 13, 2011, 08:50:29 AM
Well, after speaking with the AG office in her state, I don't feel any better.  It's all up to the judge. If the judge thinks we have a valid reason, great!! If not, and if it's a mom friendly judge, then I will have to pay the original amount....which will be the entirety of my net monthly income.  I don't really understand how that is acceptable or better for the children, but I guess I don't get to have an opinion.

The AG is probably not the one to talk to about situations like this. They are always friendlier to the parent receiving child support because there are so many deadbeat parents out there.

Now you did not quit to take a job with lower income to just to avoid child support.  The key here is that their has to be intent on your part to avoid child support.  Now if you moved to be closer to your kids that is definatly a justifiable reason as well.

rhelle

Currently, the AG is handling the case. I am required to respond to them with any questions or information, until it goes to court. Once it goes to court, it is out of their hands.

I am not currently closer to the children, but I did move equidistant from our previous home.