Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bio mom moed to other state and wants to close order to open in other state

Started by wife1, Sep 16, 2011, 04:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloom6372

I would definitely try to keep it local if she does end up filing. My DH's ex changed the jurisdiction with his agreement (he is military--was in the same place for 6 years and then we got stationed overseas and BM was out of the state he was in). My DH had court papers filed by BM 3 months after the one Court hearing because it was cheaper and easier for her to file, given it's right there with her.

And I agree with keeping the child there with you all during his parenting time, even if she throws a fit about it. Once he stops giving in, sure she'll raise hell for a bit, but eventually she will get it that he's not giving in.

I hope everything works out for you guys!

wife1

I think this will be the month we find out if she is really going to go through with it or not. I would be a liar if i said I was not worried about what is going to happen. I have been able to keep her out of my head for a few months and now that I know she will be here in the state all the same nonsense worries are coming back.  :( Now we just wait.........
trying to make it through each day as best as I can...

ocean

Look online and see if you can follow your court file number. Here we can see if anything is file under our file number so we can see if ex is up to something. Or you can call when she is in town to family court and ask if anything recently has been filed so you can get some peace.

wife1

trying to make it through each day as best as I can...

ocean

In NY it is under our county, family court. It does not do names since it is family court but if you put in your file number from past documents, they keep the same number so you can see if something was filed, and the court date. Call them and ask if you can not find it and see if your county does it online. If not, call them the week she is here a few times and just ask if anything was filed. That way you are not worrying about it...