Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 12:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex works minimally

Started by Frustrated187, Sep 23, 2011, 09:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frustrated187

I have been divorced for 5 years. I have just recently won a Joint Placement Schedule against my ex, it took 2.5 years to get through the court system. Since it took so long she was able to clean up her act and the GAL assigned to the case who was on my side changed her mind the day before it was heard before the judge.

The final thing left to determine is child support. I have 3 kids with her. She has a fourth child with another guy who also has problems with her. She is on to a new boyfriend now.

I have a good paying job, she makes $9 an hour working at a preschool 35 hours a week. She says (through her lawyer) her job as a teacher only pays her from September through May so she should only have to have her share of child support calculated for 40 weeks out of the year.  Placement is 50/50 exactly. She will finish school to have a Associate's degree in Early Childcare in May and she is working on an Associate's degree in Criminal Justice.  (She wants to be a cop but won't finish this schooling for another year.) She also gets free state medical insurance for herself and 4 kids, almost $600 a month for rent, food stamps, and daycare.

I know I will have to pay some child support because I make 3-4 times more than she does a year. Do I have any hope of getting her wages for child support calculated for the entire year since she has the ability to work all year round? This is a Wisconsin case.

The state aid cannot be counted as part of her income. I wish I could deduct my mortgage, food expenses, and insurance premiums from my income to determine my actual income...

ocean

Even if she wins a child support amount, social service will take most of it back to repay what they are paying her. You can say she can get a job at a camp or work at the pre-school through the summer ( I am sure the pre-school does not close, probably changes into a camp). Call the pre-school and ask if they have summer hours. Ask for info to be sent to you (or have a friend do it...). Bring the local paper with jobs she can get now, and then when she graduates. She can sub in a school district with a degree, be a teacher's assistant, teachers aide...look at all types of jobs she could qualify for.

If she gets a job, you may have to spit daycare costs or offer that you will take kids instead. Ask the FROR be put into order where she has to call you first for a babysitter over anyone else including family.

Spaceman1982

Quote from: Frustrated187 on Sep 23, 2011, 09:21:13 AM

The final thing left to determine is child support. I have 3 kids with her. She has a fourth child with another guy who also has problems with her. She is on to a new boyfriend now.

aint that funny how some people never learn to stop reproducing. I have gotten married and me and my wife have told the kids we will have one of our own when we are ready and stable.  Just for the ex to join the one up club and tell he kids her and her bf are gonna get married and she is already pregnant. Which wouldnt be bad minus he owes $40,000+ in back support for one marriage and $15,000 from another. She owes me two years worth of support and has a criminal warrant.

Fatherforever

Well if the mother is only working 40 weeks out of the year it might be considered by some courts as being intentionally underemployed. In other words, she could find a job that is available all year round or one with better pay, but she chooses a job that only pays 9 months out of the year. In cases like that, that parent's income is often imputed on child support papers, rather than calculated from the actual amount the parent receives.