Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:06:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child wants to move with Dad

Started by dazlu2, May 11, 2006, 03:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazlu2

I am the SM to a 12 yo girl who currently lives with her mother.  She has expressed the desire to move with her dad and myself but we know the CP is very resistent.  We don't know if our efforts will be futile and cost a bunch of money.  We are already paying out the nose for CS for her and 3 others.  Any feedback?

ocean

Why does she want to come live with you? Is she the oldest child involved? Courts usually do not like to split kids up. When kids get to this age, they think the grass is greener on the other side. If there is no abuse, maybe you can get more time with her one on one for a while and see how that goes. Do you live close or in the same school district where you could have her one night midweek? Maybe mom would be more inclined to agree to that first. JMO....

ocean

Why does she want to come live with you? Is she the oldest child involved? Courts usually do not like to split kids up. When kids get to this age, they think the grass is greener on the other side. If there is no abuse, maybe you can get more time with her one on one for a while and see how that goes. Do you live close or in the same school district where you could have her one night midweek? Maybe mom would be more inclined to agree to that first. JMO....

dazlu2

She wants to live with us because in her house she feels like she is lost in the chaos (sp?)  The CP has remarried and had another child along with her 2 sisters both of which are older with the oldest living with us until last year.  She also says that she feels more loved and encouraged with us.  CP tends to bad mouth her father and I which I believe is also pushing her away.  She is usually with us 2 nights a week in addition to the every other weekend schedule and we are in the same school district.  Her oldest sister tends to be very verbally abusive to her and the CP does not seem to stop the behavor.