Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 10:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Husband Is trying to get Sole Custody

Started by Jolene Reedy, Sep 26, 2011, 06:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Smith

Quote from: ocean on Oct 02, 2011, 10:27:27 AM
Wow...your first post is that?
This lady is just went through a disability, was forced to move, and currently can not work due to the disability. While she is going through that her ex, is refusing contact with kids. Hopefully she is able to get disability which would be great for the kids as they will get payments directed to them. This is a federal program that you pay into with every paycheck. She is entitled to this money and so are their kids (if she is truly disabled).

Ocean: I'm sorry that I don't have 3224 post to validate my opinion like you do. Why does it matter if I have one post or 1000. What is not in this post is the ex husband's side. What has he gone thru for the last several months of not getting support? Must be under alot of stress and is very difficult for one person to support children while the other parent doesn't want to pay childsupport. I can only imagine what he is going through. So open your mind to what you read. Be objective! Not just think that what people write on here is always the truth.

I'm thankful everyday that my ex-husband supports our children. That is the only thing that matters, that the children are supported.

tigger

Kelly Smith:

Ocean's question to you was based on experience revealing that most people FIRST post to ask questions or offer encouragement of "been there, done that".  To skip that and go straight in for an attack calls into question your motives for being here.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Kitty C.

Kelly, you are not setting a very good precedent by attacking someone on your very first post.  Do you honestly think that Jolene was able to give EVERY detail about her circumstances? 

'Everything you are asking help for sound like you don't want to pay child support to your children.....what kind of person are you? Don't you even care about providing support or are you just selfish and only care about yourself?'  What makes you think she does NOT want to pay support.  Obviously it sounds like she is UNABLE to work...and it would be an easy matter to access the Internet at a local library....I would not be surprised just how many members here do that because they cannot afford it at home.

'Why didn't you file paperwork back in Dec....why did you wait all this time to provide medical paperwork?'  Apparently you are only picking out what you choose to read, Kelly.  Obviously she couldn't if the doctors who treated her are too far away for her to go see and no one in her area is willing to state she is disabled since they've never seen her before...AND she can't afford to go see them to be evaluated in the first place.

I could go on, but what's the point?  You've made some very wild assumptions based on limited information.  The members with large numbers of posts have been here for a very long time and have gone through many of these issues themselves.  That is the purpose of these forums...to allow those how have 'been there' to share their knowledge with those who are just starting or in the process.  These are issues that can be highly emotional and very volatile.  I recommend starting with the forum guidelines at http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/forumguide.php (http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/forumguide.php).
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

You can not just call child support and let them know that you can not make your payments. You have to file in the family court that made the order to ask for a reduction.
Hopefully your ex will never need to go disability or be laid off and your payments stop. There are many right now that for whatever legit reason can not make payments for a while. We offer advice on what info is given to us. Of course there are two sides of the story and usually after a few posts things come out and we adjust the advice.
If your ex is doing the right thing then why are you even here?

Jolene Reedy

wow well i was coming back on here to ask one more question but looks like I better clear some things up.

my ex husband did not have a mailing address for me because I lost my home when i had to stop working and I just now have a perment address.. I am lucky enough to have  loving friends and family that have helped support me through out this time, as far as me moving is none of your business as to why and under what circumstanses.  my ex husband was stateing to the court I have had no contact with the children or him since june 2010 wich is not even close to being true. even though I have not provided him with an address up untill this point he and my children have always had a phone number for me. I have always paid my support for the children untill this accident happend. It was not reported right away because I was in no condition to deal with the matter. He did know what had happend I called him and told him what happend he called me a lier and hung up the phone on me.  I have had contact with my children up untill the point he quit answering the phone.  As far as providing meical records to him or anyone... um if you think about it I had to have time to go to the doctor these past months and a determination of me being disabled is not just a one visit ruleing.  my ex husband is by no means struggling to support  the children at this time, that is not the problem I know what is but I am not going to sit here and bash on him.  as far as haveing to wait to apply for my disability it states on the site that you have to be out of work for 1 year before a determination is made. I have not even hit that one year mark. so I suggets before you call someone a bad mother or father you know all the facts. you would not like that said about you.

Anyhow I had court and I did have time to submit my paperwork wich I am greatfull for it is extended untill the 18th because of the medical records. I am certain now that my children will not be taken away per his request because I had phone records of many calls and txts back and forth, copys of some very rude comments of things he said he would be telling the children about me. and my mecical records.. that is all i was worried about it was not about the support, I did not ask to have it zero out that was what the childsupport in california told me.  but anyhow hopefully this will all straiten out and we can come to an agreement that will be in the best interest of the boys. and again thank you everyone for your support and help with this matter. (sorry it caused such a blow out on the site:)

Kitty C.

Don't worry about it, Jolene.  Sometimes new posters don't have a good comprehension of how the 'system' works, which is why us 'oldtimers' are here to help out.  Feel free to come here any time you have questions. 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Jolene Reedy

ok one more question if anyone knows the answer

I faxed my papers to the court the file clerk told me that she could not submit my evidence i.e. phone records ect. because it was not in the right format.

I asked her what the right format was and she just sidestepped my question

do i have to file an affidavit with these papers?

If so does anyone know of any good sites I could use as a refrence as to how to fill it out in the propper manner

I have been doing some research and am getting more confused the more i search:)

I did look under the california courts website and didnt understand what form was used for what.  Its family law and i am just submitting phone records, copys of a

a couple text messages medical records and proof of another person supporting me right now. 

Thank you again for any help

Kelly Smith

www dot topix dot com/forum/louisville/TJ340BT2DVETKAPNP/p5 is a web site I found when I put your name into google.
I did some research on google and found this post Feb 2010 before you accident. It states the a Jolene Reedy owes over $12000 in back child support. But you said in your post that "I have always paid my support for the children until this accident happened"

But I guess you never do anything wrong and never lie too.

Quote from: Jolene Reedy on Oct 04, 2011, 01:44:39 PM
wow well i was coming back on here to ask one more question but looks like I better clear some things up.

my ex husband did not have a mailing address for me because I lost my home when i had to stop working and I just now have a perment address.. I am lucky enough to have  loving friends and family that have helped support me through out this time, as far as me moving is none of your business as to why and under what circumstanses.  my ex husband was stateing to the court I have had no contact with the children or him since june 2010 wich is not even close to being true. even though I have not provided him with an address up untill this point he and my children have always had a phone number for me. I have always paid my support for the children untill this accident happend. It was not reported right away because I was in no condition to deal with the matter. He did know what had happend I called him and told him what happend he called me a lier and hung up the phone on me.  I have had contact with my children up untill the point he quit answering the phone.  As far as providing meical records to him or anyone... um if you think about it I had to have time to go to the doctor these past months and a determination of me being disabled is not just a one visit ruleing.  my ex husband is by no means struggling to support  the children at this time, that is not the problem I know what is but I am not going to sit here and bash on him.  as far as haveing to wait to apply for my disability it states on the site that you have to be out of work for 1 year before a determination is made. I have not even hit that one year mark. so I suggets before you call someone a bad mother or father you know all the facts. you would not like that said about you.

Anyhow I had court and I did have time to submit my paperwork wich I am greatfull for it is extended untill the 18th because of the medical records. I am certain now that my children will not be taken away per his request because I had phone records of many calls and txts back and forth, copys of some very rude comments of things he said he would be telling the children about me. and my mecical records.. that is all i was worried about it was not about the support, I did not ask to have it zero out that was what the childsupport in california told me.  but anyhow hopefully this will all straiten out and we can come to an agreement that will be in the best interest of the boys. and again thank you everyone for your support and help with this matter. (sorry it caused such a blow out on the site:)

ocean

Accident happened last Dec 2010, so almost a year worth of child support adding up...could very well be that number depending on the amount of child support.

mdegol

Kelly-I just find it wrong that you put this lady's name through Google and then posted the link like that (although lesson to poster-no need to put your real name and ADVISABLE not to).  It is spooky.  You think posting it on here was going to make some kind of point?  The only point YOU have made is that you are a bit on the scary side.  You gonna look up this lady's address and start driving by now too?