Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Children sleeping together who are not siblings.

Started by pete1970, Sep 27, 2011, 11:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My daughter is 6 years old and my ex-wife lets her sleep with her (ex-wife) boyfriends son who is 7. It does'nt happen a lot that I know of but I know it happens.

Is it appropriate
2 (100%)
Is it illegal
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

pete1970

My daughter is 6 years old and my ex-wife allows my daughter to sleep in same bed as her boyfriend 7 year old son. Is this appropriate or is it illegal.

tigger

It's not appropriate and becomes less so as they get older but I don't think it's illegal either.  Your best bet is to call CPS and ask.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Waylon

Quote from: pete1970 on Sep 27, 2011, 11:32:13 AM
My daughter is 6 years old and my ex-wife allows my daughter to sleep in same bed as her boyfriend 7 year old son. Is this appropriate or is it illegal.

Is it appropriate? I'd say "no".
Is it illegal? I'm not an attorney, but I don't think so. Legality is usually based on actions and behavior, not proximity.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ocean

CPS will tell you they need their own bed but not their own room.

AAP2388

They would have to have separate beds, but it can be in the same room.

hogtyed

Quote from: tigger on Sep 27, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
It's not appropriate and becomes less so as they get older but I don't think it's illegal either.  Your best bet is to call CPS and ask.

Why would you want to intentionally involve CPS with your children?  :-\

Kitty C.

While you may have had a bad experience in the past, hogtyed, I wouldn't give a blanket recommendation that ALL state CPS agencies are bad...that's just stereo-typing.  In some cases, in order to get anything done, it HAS to go through CPS/DHS.  If some sort of abuse would even be mentioned in court, I would not be surprised if the judge would order CPS to open a case about it.

Someone who is an objective 3rd party (yes, I know the word 'objective' might be an oxymoron regarding CPS) has to have the staff qualified to evaluate the case and make a determination of what should or shouldn't be done.  And it has to be able to hold up in court or it's all a moot point.  Granted, there are some lousy social workers who are employed by some state CPS agencies....but there are also many good social workers who try to do their best by the children.  Maybe that's why the good ones get burnt out so quick.....

Besides, from the way I understood it, both tigger and ocean were just stating what CPS would probably say about the situation.  Neither of them said anything about getting CPS directly involved and opening a case on it.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

" Why would you want to intentionally involve CPS with your children? "

Ditto !