Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:56:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A very terrible situation

Started by thestormman3, Sep 28, 2011, 09:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestormman3

My  wife up and left me Jan 5 2011  and on Christmas day 2010 i had no clue this was going to happen. She took off to North Carolina with my  12 month old daughter who is 21 months old now. In the last 9 months ive seen my little girl 5.5 hours. My court order states reasonable parenting time. I have requested physical visitation with my daughter.. bring her to Wisconsin and spend 4 weeks since we have seen each other and My x has denied this stating she hasnt seen you much and  you will have to visit her down here. Thats impossible as i need to work my job. The court order is very vague concerning my visitation. I am not getting any Phone time no webcam no pictures no nothing. I am hurting very bad atm missing my daughter and dont know what to do. Not enough money to hire an attorney yet i make just over what low cost legal aid will take. I am 400.00 above the basic poverty line in yearly income. In the mean time my daughter is forgetting who daddy is and its tearing me apart inside. I dont know what to do or who to turn to but I do know all children need daddy  just as much as mommy. I raised my 1st daughter from  age 2-18 so im very aware of how to parent. Any suggestions ? Please help, Mike

tigger

Which state took jurisdiction?  Why did she move to NC?  (And which part of NC, as I'm in NC.  Live in Wake County - Raleigh, work in Durham County - Durham.)
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

thestormman3

Hennepin County Minnesota still has control and as venue has not moved although any new actions must be taken care of in North Carolina is the way the order reads. The order is so vague because it says any issues with visitation must be dealt with by North Carolina Mediation services. When i called them they laughed and said why did Minnesota pawn this off on us as we dont deal with visitaion issues. She is in Johnston County North Carolina. My feeling is i need to go back to the Minnesota court and ask that they modify some things. Reasonable parenting time as its worded in the order allows my x wife to basically say no to anything. The order just went into effect Sept 1 2011.

thestormman3

Quote from: tigger on Sep 28, 2011, 11:03:25 AM
Which state took jurisdiction?  Why did she move to NC?  (And which part of NC, as I'm in NC.  Live in Wake County - Raleigh, work in Durham County - Durham.)

She took off on a plane on Jan 5th .. Not much i could do. She is living with her parents and read my 2nd post

thestormman3

Another question. Once i finally do a court action against my x for contempt and get proper visitation set up  in a month or so will she have to split the travel expenses ? since shes 1200 miles away from me with my daughter .

tigger

Quote from: thestormman3 on Sep 28, 2011, 11:34:24 AM
Quote from: tigger on Sep 28, 2011, 11:03:25 AM

She took off on a plane on Jan 5th .. Not much i could do. She is living with her parents and read my 2nd post

Actually, you probably could have petitioned the courts to order the child be returned to the home state.  Allowing nearly 9 months to pass, you've effectively given her permission to relocate with the child.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!