Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She's at it again....

Started by Detter D, May 26, 2006, 05:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detter D

patton

So has anyone been a witness to her OTHER out burst?  They would be your witnesses.    That you did not want to press charges at that time because of the child, but you have witnesses showing her violent behavior on numerous occasions before you finally got fed up and reported it.

If you've never had a witness to her out burst your screwed as far as I can see.

Giggles

What did she site as her "Change of circumstances".  This could very well back fire on her..she was the one arrested.

From now on, document...document...document.  NEVER EVER go alone to pick up or drop off the children and if possible meet in a "public" place.

How old are the children?  Have they witnessed her abuse to you?
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Detter D

ocean

She is asking for full custody but she has that already really right? Does she want to stop visitation too? Ask to go to the next meeting with this parent cooridinator or call make an appointment on your own and let this person know your side of this.  Good luck!

smtotwo

whenever something happens at the ex's  everything in our house in chaos.

3 months ago, her best firends cat dies (yeah right)  could we please bring the kids down to her?  Her friend didnt want to be alone.   DH met her halfway and then had her friend screaming at him about not coming all the way down.  We pick up on friday  she picks up on sunday.

The next visit she called and said that we had abused the kids and that they werent coming here anymore.  Her and the kids words.   Kids actually told DH   If he got a better job he could support them better!!
BRATS!!   O-K   I know that didnt come out of their mouths, but they are
10 and 12  and know better.

Come to find out this week that she lost her license for not paying a speeding ticket.   WELL   WOOPDEE FRICKIN DOO!!   Just say that.

Dont lie to the kids, and create all this crap.  I dont know maybe her husband doesnt know, or whatever.  

But just say   I lost my license  could pick up and drop off until I get it back?   OHH NOOO   CHAOS  CHAOS  CHAOS!!

What to do, what to do..

Detter D

Finnchadh

Do you have an attorney?  If not please get one – NOW!  From what you have described she is the CP with final decision making authority and you are the NCP with visitation and shared Legal Custody.  

As stated above, there should 'change of circumstances' as a requirement to deprive you of your Natural Parental Rights.

Now here is the best and only Legal advise I can lawfully give; GET AN ATTORNEY ASAP!.  You have a fairly complicated legal situation developing.  Whether you intended or not, you have made a spousal abuse accusation against your EX; the case was subsequently dismissed.  Now your EX is retaliating by filing for a change of custody.  If the Court determines that you have frivolously or vindictively filed an abuse allegation against her, you could be very much in trouble.  You will need a good attorney to make an evaluation of your situation.   You might also want to consider condensing your situation into the guidelines set out in Soc's section and ask his advice.  Read his guidelines first and then write.  You might also want to consider do a bit of reading about VAWA – and see if some of the circumstances might apply to you.  Specifically how do the courts handle your situation when the accuser is a woman.  BTW you might want to make sure that the attorney you choose has Constitutional Law experience and is father friendly.  Did I mention that you need to consult a good attorney?

Ignorance is a prison; knowledge and understanding are the keys of freedom.

Detter D

what is VAWA??

Why Constitutional Law?

Detter D