Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:45:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need advice, moms bf is spanking child, with belt too.

Started by superdad01, Dec 04, 2011, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Long time since my last visit. Settled my case with joint physical and legal Custody being negotiated.  Everything has been going great.  Moms bf and I get along. He had went out of his way to be nice and friendly. Seems to care about the child , and is involved.

Now my child tells me this weekend that he had spanked her a while ago with the belt. I do not know the circumstances of what happened, however I know I do not like the fact that this happened. It was never brought to my attention. I do not want to overreact but most importantly I do not want to underreact.  I do not feel it is his place to spank my child. I do not even spank my child. If mom does it its one thing if mom does it, but not the bf.  There are better ways to punish a child. It would be one thing if it was a little man to man thing, but not man to little girl.

I just do not know how to approach this situation.  Do I tell the guy do not put your hands on my child. Or I will break your neck.

Spaceman1982

in nevada, you are only permitted to spank open handed.  Does he leave marks?? If so call CPS.

ocean

If you all get along, maybe just ask to talk to him aside or him with your ex (child not there) and say "hey, xx just mentioned that she got in trouble a while back and xx hit her? Just want your side of the story too...what happened?". Then listen, and just say "in the future, please let ex or I deal with punishments and in the future none of us should be putting our hands on her. If she is in that much trouble, then we need to talk together and work out a punishment so she knows we are on the same page, always. Teen years only get worse so lets work this out together"...

DCSoldschool

Call Child Protective Services  ( CPS ) or the police.

hogtyed

I would not, in any way shape or form, ever intentionally get CPS involved with my children. That's dancing with the devil.

If you get along, talk with the mother about it. In my own situation, it's clearly written in our parenting plan that only the natural mother and father are to administer corporal punishment. I had to remind my ex know when her husband decided it was his duty to spank my kids. And that if it happened again, she would be in court for violating the order. He has not done it in the last 7 years.

Goodluck,

hogtyed

Davy

"I would not, in any way shape or form, ever intentionally get CPS involved with my children. That's dancing with the devil."

Very well said !!!!