Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minimal Visitation....

Started by Rogerstonewall, Dec 06, 2011, 09:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogerstonewall

I have an update for everyone...  It's not good.... 

Well, after losing my job in December '11 I haven't been able to afford to make the 4.5 hour drive and therefore everything has stalled.  In this time, the RO she had filed against was overturned and the judge had sternly warned her about not allowing me contact....

I have had no contact with my kids because she would not allow it.  She dropped the kids off at MY parents for the summer and told MY mother that if I talked with them, she was going to hold me in contempt...  Hard to do without an RO in place..  Then she said that if I talked with them, that they would never see the kids again.I have been talking with my kids and will continue too.  There are no laws stating I can't, nor are their court orders saying I can't.  She is going to pick up the kids this weekend and has intentions to move and will not tell anyone where...  I have a court date set now that I have steady full time employment and will be taking in EVERYTHING that my parents have experienced and all my experiences too....

Wish my luck folks as I still can't afford an attorney.....

Kitty C.

If she's moving, you need to file to keep her from doing so before the next court date....I know there's a legal name for it, but I can't think of it at the moment.....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

DadsCrushed

I'm not certain what is going on here. Is there an Order in place or are you in process of getting divorced?

One thing is real clear across all the states is that your lifestyle (e.g., sexual orientation, live in, religion, income, place of residency, etc.) has no say in the determination of the child / parental relationship only as far as the lifestyle may negatively impact the general welfare of the children and their best interests. We all know that the term best interests is "garbage" and used by the courts to insert their result. If you are in anger management (who wouldn't be) get that behind you so it can not be used against you later. Do not violate any Court Order.

Rogerstonewall

There are no court orders in place at the moment. 

The G.A.L performed his investigation and is suggesting Anger management along with supervised visits and only two weeks a summer and no holidays, birthdays, what-have-you.  I will be doing the anger management ASAP as I have to pay out of pocket and now have the money to do so, even though I firmly believe I shouldn't have too. 

As for lifestyle...  Heterosexual. All the way. 

Since I have equal rights as a parent still since there is no PP in place (Judge was waiting on the GAL) and I haven't been able to get down to her county, is there anything I can do to ensure that I talk with my kids, other than contact them at my parents place?  She refuses too answer my calls....

I don't like the way the court is handling things, it feels as if the cards are stacked against me, even with the evidence I have....