Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Internation Parental Kidnapping and PAS

Started by alissazagaris, Jan 11, 2012, 02:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alissazagaris

I think my situation may be a very valuable link in connecting PAS as a very real form of child abuse. I am involved in an international parental kidnapping case, my exhusband has kept our American son in Greece and is refusing to return him. It has been 7 months and my ex is very actively and agressively... brainwashing our son.

I have very limited contact with my little boy but as the months go on, when I do speak with him, he has become very hostile towards me, he insists this is his decsion and he doesn't want to come back to the US. He is a Greek now. Suddenly everything he once loved means nothing. His friends here, nothing. He suddenly hates his step dad and denies he ever once called him "Dad".

He tells me his little sister is not his sister because she is a girl so that only makes her 49% so it doesn't count. On June 2, 2011 when my son boarded the plane on just another routine visit to see his father, I was the love of my little boys life, his step dad was the coolest guy he knew, and he adored his sister Zoey. And he couldn't wait to get back and start 5th grade with is best friend Cameron.

He was the most loving social funny kid. He wanted to be a hero when he grew up, a US Marine even....and now he tells me he hates America and outright lies to me about everything. I sent the embassy over in November and my son lied to them. He claimed he was in school ( total lie) he told them his step dad hurts his mom all the time and that he begged his father to stay.

My son is in a very serious situation and I'm wrapped up in red tape and stuck in a diplomatic nightmare trying to get him out of it. This is the first time in his life that Mom can't protect him and I need everyone to help.
I have been trying to explain just how much of a sociopath my ex husband is....fortunately he has introduced himself to the world for me.... please look at the greek court docs filed by ex husband that I have posted on Leo's Facebook abduction page called <text removed by admin> and you can see what I mean.

This is the personality of <text removed by admin> this is the man I married and the maniac the sees brainwashing a little boy as simply a means to an end. He cares nothing about Leo and never has, to <text removed by admin> isn't Leo he is just the son of <text removed by admin> a thing, a posession. Leo could be the "poster child" for aggressive PAS. If our situation can help raise awareness and change the legal opinion of this very serious problem then that is the "good" that will come of it. Please share this and pass it on...

brwneyedmom

Stop bashing the other parent, even if true. It won't help you and makes you look like a crazy ex. Consider having your congresspersons put pressure on the embassy and the Greek government, if possible.
There are others with far more experience than I and I will defer to them. Any personal info or strategy that you post here can be read by anyone in the public arena; you will let your ex know what your next move will be.
Try to get the courts to force him to allow communication at regular intervals; it could be done by phone or skype. Don't talk about what he is missing so much; he is probably just spouting the family mantra that he is being forced to do. There is a great deal of pressure on your son to tell you these hateful things.

Waylon

alissazagaris,

Please do NOT post the personal information of other people, such as your son or ex-husband's name.

I have edited your message to remove these details. In the future, please don't do this.

We're here to help you, but you may not post personally identifying information about other people here, just as I'm sure you would not want him to post your personal information here.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

evergreen

This is something I need help with as well.  My X husband and new wife are living on a government compound in Saudi Arabia.  We are having an evedentuary hearing requested by my X in Feb. requesting that the children be able to spend the summer with them in Saudi.  I have a very similar X husband he was diagnosed as a narsasistic sociopath, but who cares.  We divorced due to domestic violence, again who cares.  Our local Domestic Relations Counceling Bueru denied this request already.  The judge on the other had has decided to have a trial over it.  I have 3 children 9-14 and I fear the same situation you are in.  Saudi Arabia doesn't even acknowledge the US laws, such as his garnishment and so why would they acknowledge a custody agreement.  I understand you completely, kick down doors, do whatever it takes to get your son back.  If anyone has help for me please let me know.