Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:32:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Az custody appeal cases

Started by gooddadof2, Jan 19, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddadof2

I have been trying to find appeals online regarding custody and parenting times. I have been to hundreds of websites. I can't believe I am trying to find cases that "force" a judge to do what is in the best interest of my children. I simply want the recommendations of the specific, neutral, professional, court appointed custodial evaluator that BM hired, and made sure that the order stated she pay "the entire and full cost of the evaluation."followed. Now that the report is done (appx 6 months) she disputes it. Seems that just because she doesn't agree with the 30+yrs exp. and a degree from Berkley, that the judge doesn't either. If I would have known he was not going to go with her recommendations, I would have presented the multitudes of evidence I gave the evaluator at trial. Everyone assured me that the report would surely be what the judge would do in the decree. I spent so much time and effort making sure the evaluator had ALL of the facts. Please, if anyone reading this knows if I can file an appeal based on the judge NOT following the recommendations of a court appointed custodial evaluator and, thereby, NOT serving the best interests of the children, please post here. My atty tells me judges are like umpires and don't like being told they've made a bad call. (I owe him alot of money) I could care less what that judge does and doesn't like. This is the future of my children here. The evaluator has seen how I live, met the children's school teachers, seen our interaction together, etc. The judge heard 8 hrs. of lies and bashing false testimony from Mom. HOW CAN HE LEGALLY JUST IGNORE HER RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPOSE STANDARD GUIDELINES? I know I should be thankful I see them, as so many Dads don't see their kids. I just feel that this has to be changed now, before it's too late. I am sure that if the sexes were reversed that it would be a completely different decree. Dads are loving, capable parents too! Any help needed! The kids are almost 4 and 5. We live in Arizona (Yavapai County). The child support/sposal main. is literally more money than I make in an average month.(2 yr marriage at that) I don't know what to do. I read, on this site, "Don't give up on your kids, no matter what hurdles are placed in front of you." I try to remember that.