Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 01:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alienated Father Needs Help.

Started by CrenshawClark, Jan 27, 2012, 05:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

It happens to mothers too...

Been here since this place was started....because not one more child needs to go through this

CrenshawClark

Sorry I have not been on here in a while.. I can say that in trial EVERYTHING went our way...EVERYTHING!!! It has been 21 days since the trial ended and we are still waiting on a judgement!!!! We're going NUTS!!! As soon as we have a judgement I will let everyone know how it goes... While we are anxious to hear what the Judge finally has to say, the stress levels around our house have dropped considerably since the trial ended!!! When I tell you that EVERYTHING went our way...EVERYTHING!! The Social investigator said the child had been coached, that the child showed no anxiety when talking about vacations she went on with her father alone AND that she believes that the mother has INTENTIONALLY ALENATED MT FROM HER FATHER. Dr. Evan WAS great!! The mother couldn't give a single example of abuse. AND the judge threw out all of her evidence. And 3 of her witnesses, because they were irrelevant or repetitive... So...now we continue to WAIT!!!!! Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how helpful this board has been...especially to my sanity, its nice to know you are not alone!!!

ocean

Call the courts and see if it is ready. Here you can get it up to a week early if you go with your license and prove who you are and get the results instead of waiting at the mailbox. Sounds great!!!

CrenshawClark

We emailed our attorney Friday...she said it could take UP TO 30 days...and that is is not good to bother the judge!?!? So we will wait... We are at 15 day since the Judge received that last "Petition for Divorce"... At the worst it's 2 more weeks...right??? ;).   Seems like I have been saying "this can't go on much longer" forever!!!

ocean

Don't call the judge, just the clerk's office and see if it is there yet. Judge won't know you called.

CrenshawClark

CrenshawClark

We got the judgment last night. The judge was fair in the money department, assets and child support.

She has given BM 15 days to contact JT so they can hire a parental coordinator. BM has a list of evaluations and classes she has to complete and it will be up to the parental coordinator to report to the court if she is doing it. If BM and JT can not agree on a now therapist for MT in 15 days Dr. Evans will pick one. The therapist and the parental coordinator are to be see all court documents and be briefed by the social investigator. As soon as the therapist says MT is ready the parental coordinator is to report to the Judge and she will issue a new time sharing schedule.

That being said, the judge made it very clear that she knows BM is a liar and that she knows BM intentionally alienated MT from JT. The judge made it clear that she is TEMPORARILY leaving MT with BM on the condition that BM complete ALL recommendations of the court, social investigator and parental coordinator with in the time restraints given.

It is clear from the order that the judge is telling BM this is her one chance to make it right. The judge wrote the order in such a way that it is clear that if BM does not comply and participate in the re-unification that she is willing to remove MT from her mother. Part of the final order is actually testimony from Dr. Evans saying that if " the Alienating parent does not have the ability to stop the alienation the only way to insure the child's relationship with the alienated parent is to remove the alienating factor.".

JT and I feel like this is a win for us. While we did not get full custody, we knew that was a long shot. What we did get is a clear warning from the judge to BM that she is willing to "remove the alienating factor" if BM can't comply.

MixedBag

That almost sounds like a line straight out of Divorce Poison.

Good luck!

It's not over.....but a Chapter that sounds like it went in the right direction.

Simplydad

Quote from: CrenshawClark on Mar 21, 2012, 05:22:34 AM
JT and I feel like this is a win for us. While we did not get full custody, we knew that was a long shot. What we did get is a clear warning from the judge to BM that she is willing to "remove the alienating factor" if BM can't comply.

Definately sounds like a victory to me for you guys.  From the outside looking in it seems the BM is being given just enough rope to hang herself.  It is also an opportunity for her to do right by the child but what I have noticed from personal experience people with the type of personality of the BM don't have the capability to do what is in the best interest of the child.

Completing the courses will help her become a better parent but she will have to want to do it.  If not.....she will lose big time in the end.

CrenshawClark

Update... We have heard nothing. Not a peep. Monday is 15 days...  However, it is typical of her and her attorney to fail to respond or take action until the 13th hour... So we will see.... Another month has passed... Can't wait to finally get the ball rolling! I feel like if we can get it started there is nothing she can do to stop it!!! Now that the court knows exactly who she is, it will be much harder for her to pull any of her tricks... Heres to hopeing... Thanks for letting me vent... I will try to keep you updated as to how it goes.. maybe my notes will be helpful to someone else...