Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

i am a dad with joint custody who needs to have his child support lowered

Started by fendlason, Feb 27, 2012, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendlason

My financial earnings have drastically changed in the last two years, and i need to have my child support lowered. I need to file a motion to modify child support in Texas, and can not find information anywhere on the web on how to do this.  Is there a templete somewhere i can use?
Thanks

DadsCrushed

I don't know about Texas but in Maryland you will need to file a Motion for the Modification of Child Support. You can craft the langauge to satisfy your needs and Texas' code. Be sure to inclulde as Exhibits changes in your cash flow (e.g., termination letter, loss of hours). Some States will require that your income be at least 25% different prior to filing a Motion. Also, the term income can be quite expansive. Also, focus on her income. If her income has increased while yours decreased you should include that in your argument. Dependent upon the age of your children, also consider arguing that teh ex is engaging in voluntarily impoverishment and her potential income should be imputted. Good luck this can be done . . . done it. Courts don't like to see this stuff every year from same case but due to economic realities they have to face reality,.