Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:53:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Now it gets interesting....

Started by Kitty C., Mar 02, 2012, 01:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

DH received a notification from CSRU yesterday...I think it's the beginning of the end.  I'm not completely fluent in legalese, but the jist of it says the CS order is adjudged.  It is possible that the BM may try to tell them that SS is going to college in the fall, is staying with her and she wants the CS increased.  First, SS is not going to college or tech school in the fall.  Second, even tho he has NOT moved in with us since he turned 18 last month, at the very latest it will be when he graduates.  She's laying the guilt trip on him pretty thick, but SS has already told DH that if she requests an extention and increase in CS while he's still living with her, he said he would move out in a heartbeat.In the state of Iowa, CS can continue after HS graduation ONLY if the child goes to a post-secondary school and is still living with the primary parent.  BUT there are conditions:  the child must maintain a certain GPA (not sure what it is off the top of my head) AND the CS goes directly to the child.  Knowing BM like we do and if it transpired this way, we know that BM would demand room and board money in the amount of the CS that SS would get.  But that is entirely a hypothetical situation and I seriously doubt it would happen.So we're hoping that this notification is just to inform DH that the process to stop the CS has begun and that the last payment will be made in May.  I think this originated with CSRU because of SS turning 18 last month.  But it surprises me that they would take the initiative to start the process.....has anyone ever heard of that?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Call them up and ask what that letter means. Ask if it is from them or from a mother request. Must of been some letter for you not to understand! Geeze!!!

brwneyedmom

It's automatic in Oregon if the state is collecting and dispersing CS payments.

Kitty C.

DH seems to think it's automatic, too.  I'm trying to convince him that it would make ME feel better if he just called them to confirm!
Then again, if BM asks him about it, then we'll know she didn't instigate it.  She HAS to have received it by now and we haven't heard a word from her, but it's also likely that she may have called CSRU if she had any questions.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

With all the computers and automation going on....it may be an automated thing.

Good luck!

ocean

One phone call for the piece of mind is worth it.

Kitty C.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got another notice in the mail from CSRU yesterday.....it contained a court order to CEASE income withholding!  It surprised me because I thought that CS was to continue until graduation, even tho SS turned 18 last month.  So I'm thinking that this was all instigated by CSRU.
When I told DH about it, he felt that SS should still have the money and mentioned giving the same amount directly to SS through May.  I have no problem with that.  I'm just incredibly thankful that it's finally OVER!!!!!!!!!!!