Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Threats for son to be taken away!! Help!!!

Started by Jaya, Jun 30, 2006, 06:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaya

Hey I need help. I don't know what my next step is. I don't know if I need to hire a lawywer. Please advise.

I have a 14 month son, I never was married to the mother. I am on the birth certificate, have signed the affidavit of parentage and the child does carry my last name. I have been taking care of him every day since the day he was born from 6am to 6pm exclusivly, she works during that time. The mother has been threating to take him away from me since he was born. Along with her threats are requirements that she is inforcing such as I had to stay every night there incase the baby woke up, that I must break up with my girlfriend, b/c she doesn't like her at all, more money etc. etc. etc. I have played along with it on the most part, basically going behind her back and still doing what I wanted. I have left her house and am now on my own. I am going to school and only work a part time job due to the fact, my days are watching my son and 3 times a week I go to school at night. I have been paying her between 600-300 a month to her for CS. She has finally has snapped and is now threating to "take me to court, and fight for every right I have." However everyday she still drops off my son. She is waiting to file the papers with the courts untill I am out of school so she can get more CS. I have just mailed the papers myself to establish CS. I need help please advise.