Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maximum Child Support Limits

Started by Swilliams, Mar 19, 2012, 04:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swilliams

deltabravo.net/custody/max-cs.php

This is a very good article that I am finding to be potentially useful however the links within the article are broken.  I am trying to find support data for this part of the article:

Federal Law, in the Consumer Credit Protection Act, (CCPA), 15 USC 1673(b)(2) says:

2) The maximum part of the aggregate disposable earnings of an individual for any workweek which is subject to garnishment to enforce any order for the support of any person shall not exceed -

(A) where such individual is supporting his spouse or dependent child (other than a spouse or child with respect to whose support such order is used), 50 per centum of such individual's disposable earnings for that week; and

(B) where such individual is not supporting such a spouse or dependent child described in clause (A), 60 per centum of such individual's disposable earnings for that week; except that, with respect to the disposable earnings of any individual for any workweek, the 50 per centum specified in clause (A) shall be deemed to be 55 per centum and the 60 per centum specified in clause (B) shall be deemed to be 65 per centum, if and to the extent that such earnings are subject to garnishment to enforce a support order with respect to a period which is prior to the twelve-week period which ends with the beginning of such workweek.

Does this still exist? I can't find it anywhere.

Swilliams

Nevermind, I found the link

Add www. to the link below

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/1673