Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Kitty C., Mar 09, 2012, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

DH just got confirmation today....CS is OVER!!!!!!!   ;D   He called CSRU to verify and even asked them if CS was supposed to continue until SS graduated, so the lady looked up the order and told DH it states that CS ends 'when child turns 18, graduates, gets married, or joins the military....whichever comes first!'  His employer already has the order to cease and his paycheck next week will be almost $200 richer!
What's really funny is that BM's dad is the one who wrote up most of the wording in the custody and CS orders, so when (not if!) BM complains, DH will tell her she can thank her daddy for that, LOL!   ::)
DH made the call from home (he's off today and I'm at work), then told me he was dancing around the house and had the cat worried he was crazy, LOL!  DH said he's getting drunk tonight...think I'll join him!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Waylon

Quote from: Kitty C. on Mar 09, 2012, 01:38:35 PMDH just got confirmation today....CS is OVER!!!!!!!   ;D   

Congratulations!! :D

Been a long time coming, huh? :)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

neutron11

lost child

That's great happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't leave the forum we all need to stay in touch. Maybe you could give advise or help one of us out you never know. Have fun with the extra money. I would like to know how bad the EX took it that there was going to be NO MORE CS MONEY.ANOTHER one bits the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitty C.

SIXTEEN YEARS, Waylon!!!!  DH thought this day would NEVER come!   ;D

Don't worry, lost child....I'm not going anywhere!  What's really funny was BM's reaction....she only picks up her mail once or twice a week (SS said that she doesn't get it more often because she doesn't like to get bills, LOL!), so she hadn't received the info yet.  So DH had me make copies of what he'd received and took it to her.  Apparently she just read it slowly and said 'I was expecting this'.  Really??  DH said she was really calm about it and I told him it was ONLY because the reality of it hadn't set in yet!  He didn't think so but I just know she's going to blow up some way, some how.  If it's no more than going out and getting hammered, that's okay....I just hope she doesn't take it out on SS.

DH had a long talk with BM and SS while he was there.  BM always complains that SS doesn't listen to her or respect her and DH has tried to tell her numerous times that you don't demand, you ask, but she just doesn't get that.  This time, he told her bluntly that her actions are literally pushing SS away and SS will leave completely if she doesn't change how she interacts with him.  BM asked DH why SS never acts that way to him and he said 'Because I treat him the way I would want to be treated, I ASK him to do things, I don't demand, and I show him the respect he shows me.'  I'm not sure if that really sunk in, but at this point, if SS does leave, she only has herself to blame.  Her problem is she doesn't look in a mirror and realize that the majority of the problems she has start with her.

I'm just glad that chapter is over and done with.  We will still have to deal with her at graduation and any other major events in SS's life, but now we can ignore her completely if we want to.  DH even told her that technically ALL ties between her and him are now severed and the ONLY reason he helps rarely to fix something at her house is because she is SS's mother and for NO other reason.  What he didn't say is whether he would continue to do that.  And I would bet that would come to a screeching halt if SS moves out.

Funny thing is, there is NO support that changes hands between her and her 2nd ex....they have an almost 50/50 split in time and their salaries are very close to the same, so no CS was awarded.  So literally, her gravy train has come to an end!   ;D
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Simplydad

Quote from: Kitty C. on Mar 12, 2012, 08:34:14 AM
Her problem is she doesn't look in a mirror and realize that the majority of the problems she has start with her.

I think my STBX is her twin separated at birth.

And Congratulations on your journey finally ending.   I bet the light is so much brighter at the end of that tunnel.

Kitty C.

Brighter??  It's 'new car' brighter!!   ;D   DH bought me a 2012 Dodge Challenger for Christmas, knowing that CS would end this year and that money could go to a higher car payment!  He said I was a very good girl last year and I didn't argue with him, LOL!

And when I pass BM on the street, she won't even look at me, LMAO!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lost child

Thank-You I am glad you are not going no where!!!!!!!!!!! We all need each other . Look at my post it is called "mother wants child support but not the child give me your input .Also you can vote  on this problem . I can wait till I can post IT IS OVER. For now it seems to be just a dream that it could ever be over. Enjoy your car and i highly agree with you it has not sunk in yet that she will no longer be getting child support and oh she needs to hire someone to fix her crap in her house or move in a appartment they have maintance there if anything breaks. If she can't run with the big dogs then she needs to stay on the porch :) ;) 8) :P

Kitty C.

'If she can't run with the big dogs then she needs to stay on the porch.'

Exactly!  And I know that DH feels the same...she needs to pull up her 'Big Girl panties' and deal with it!