Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

cps etc need advice

Started by Heston, Mar 16, 2012, 04:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heston

I've posted before.  Same case involving my daughter.  The BM and step dad have been getting my daughter to lie to counselors and police.  She is 9 yrs old.  Basically, they were mad as hell that I got joint physical and legal custody.  Before that they caused massive problems.  After that, they have done their best to get me out of my daughter's life.  They made false allegations about 6 months ago in court.  I represented myself and was unable to counter their false allegations.  They have now filed a motion to get me removed completely from my daughter's life.  The BM alienated the court ordered psychologist who removed herself from the case without seeing my daughter.  A parental coordinator was ordered but the BM got round it and persuaded the judge at the next hearing to appoint someone who would only act as a family therapist, thereby leaving her unaccountable in accordance with her wishes!  The BM continues to deny parental time more than 50% of the time like they did before.  I have police reports but the judge didn't punish her before and probably won't this time.  The child is told to tell the cops she does not want to go with me or is scared.  With the new motion they are claiming my child is at risk physically and emotionally when she is with me.  They have not set out the reasons why.  Those reasons are known only to them.  They will of course give the false reasons in the hearing and because I don't know what the allegations are, it will be difficult to defend myself.  Of course I guessed they had been getting my daughter to tell whatever lies she was told to during the past several months, as they did previously.  I have now received a letter from cps which states that I am the perpetrator of an incident that took place several months ago, that I was found guilty and that the child is at very high risk in future of mental abuse from the perpetrator and that the case is closed.  It names me as the perpetrator.  This will be used in court to help the judge decide to remove me from my daughter's life.  I have no idea what this date refers to.  First off, I have not mentally abused my child ever.  But how can CPS be informed of an incident by one parent and find the other parent guilty.  The remark about my daughter being at very high risk in future will cause my rights to be removed.  And yet I know nothing about what has been alleged.  I have heard all sorts of stories about cps and know they can't be trusted.  I also know they get it wrong and usually blame innocent parents of wrongdoings whilst leaving children with abusive parents.  This is the current case.  The step dad has injured my child.  CPS believed the BM and the step dad when I reported it.  And they forced my daughter to lie to CPS about who caused the injury which my daughter told me afterwards.  Now CPS have found me guilty of mental abuse but they haven't contacted me.  They have not investigated but just taken the BMs word for it.  The BM is on a mission to remove me totally.  She was mad that I reported the step dad for breaking my child's bones and this is obviously "revenge".  The incident of which I am accused is alleged to have taken place only a month after I reported the step dad for physical abuse.  And I did that purely to protect my daughter.  Does anyone know the best way to deal  with cps in a case like this?  CPS has also postdated their letter to me to make it appear that it was sent to me two weeks from now!
It doesn't sound like I have a chance at the hearing later this month! 

PinayHoney

The Stepdad broke your child's bone?  Is there a report on that?  I don't understand why CPS didn't get your side of the story either. 

ocean

Have you called the case manager from CPS? What did they say? Call and ask for an appointment to speak to a supervisor (face to face) and ask them to re-open the case and look into it as it has not been investigated if no one called to speak to you. Going to be tough battle with CPS so ask for a supervisor.

sunlitbeauty

I would love to hear an update on what is happening with you...my daughter is also 9yrs old...
I am a father who lives in BC who has been falsely accused of sexual abuse of my now 9 year old daughter who lives with my mother.
I am a retired veteran of the Canadian Forces who lives on a limited pension.
I support my wife and three children (excluding my 9 year old daughter), aged 6yrs, 3yrs and 1 yrs old.
I do not have money due to my limited income for the services of an attorney, and my mother is denying access to my daughter at present.
Are there any advocates in Canada that could help me with this situation?
I do not believe that it is in the best interests of my daughter to not be able to see me.
This is not the first time that my mom has disobeyed a court order, and denied access.
It is my hope that there might be an advocate out there that could help me with this delicate situation.
The incident was submitted to protective services (Called The Ministry of Children and Families up here in Canada), and it was immediately dismissed by them. There was never an order, nor an investigation. This would probably be due to the fact that nothing has ever occurred of this nature between myself and my daughter. As I stated, I have three other children that I live with with my wife of 7 years. My other daughter would never say anything of this nature about me, as I am a very loving father and I have never abused my children. I have abused myself in doing back breaking work in order to support my family (12 hours shifts doing concrete hi-rise forming, ie. building towers) out of love for my kids to be able to have a good life, and to have the things that they need. I joined the military after the recession back in 2008 destroyed any chance I had of employment as a Journeyman Carpenter. I was injured while serving in the Canadian Forces, and I now live on a very limited income to support my wife and four children with. This issue came up around Christmas, and my oldest daughter has not received her presents to this date, and I am afraid to the amount of brainwashing that my mother (her grandmother) is subjecting her to.
I am afraid that if this is allowed to go too far, that my other three kids may lose access to me, their loving father. I have read about cases where the judge has decided to remove access in family court even when no clear evidence of a sexual offence is present. I served my country, had my livelihood taken away from me due to the severe nature of my injury(chronic pain in my lower back and left leg, which is partially paralyzed, plus three compressed discs from my military service), and now I am having the one thing threatened that I value more than anything else...access to my children, and their right to have their father, a true family man, taken away from them!