Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The never ending contempt case blows up

Started by Beantowngal, Mar 20, 2012, 10:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beantowngal

We filed contempt last August against former dil.  We had been refused 2 weekend visits and a full week visit.  Finally had a court date in Feb. where magestrate tells us to come up with a new agreement as the one we have is too difficult.  He makes recommendations.  We have had 2 more pre-trials since then, numerous suggestions from the magistrate, and bm will agree to nothing.  Last time in court the magistrate was ill, so the judge took our case. Attorney thinks this is good, Judge will be more decisive and is very sympathetic to our situation.  Has also read file, and made note of 4 contempts dad had against mom before dad had custody.   He made more suggestions, mom will agree to nothing.  Our last suggestion was every other weekend, 2 weeks in summer, and every other holiday EXCEPT Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Bm always has them.  No deal.
Judge tells attorneys he cannot believe a parent is being this greedy with a child.  Next court date is Thursday.  So today I receive papers.  She is contesting the need for new agreement and is requesting an in camera interview for this 10 year old.  I am just sick!!! This child has had his father die, he gets to see the brother he lived with 2 weekends a month, and no holidays ever.  I can't imagine putting this child through this and basically making him say he does not want to spend more time with his brother.  I am questioning this battle.  I think I owe it to my son to preserve these children's relationship, but at what cost to this child?   oh, we didn't ask for a new agreement, the original magistrate told us to come up with one.  Could this make her look bad with the judge?  We were also originally order into joint counseling to help our relationship.  she never went.   Why isn't there a law against people being nasty just because they can.  She told me she didn't care if we see him or not because after she lost custody her time with him was limited until she moved back to the area.    So much for the laws that have the best interest of the child.  All of this has been going on since July of 2010 when my son passed.  This is never going to get better.
Thanks for letting me rant, I don't know how much longer I can do this.

MixedBag

Hugs!   And there's a chance that the judge will deny her request.....so hang tight!

sillystring

Wow! What a mean witch! I have no advice, just hugs and sympathy for you. I hope the judge understands the importance of having you all and your grandkid's brother in her life on a regular basis.