Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:39:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joint lEGAL cUSTODY violation?

Started by waspnut514, Mar 22, 2012, 12:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waspnut514

My 13 year old daughter has a school plan for reading she sees a speech therapist (at her school) who diagnosed my daughter to have a language processing disorder which causes problems with her reading comprehension. The school plan suggested that she attends an after school reading program. She can complete the reading program on the computer  but  I requested my daughter to attend the after school program at least 2 x a week so she can focus on her reading (she gets  easily distracted at home) I even volunteered to drop her off to her Mom after school. Mother is refusing to let my daughter attend  this class  even after I called her ,spoke to her directly and even wrote a letter.  I already  have 60/40 visitation (I took her to court before  for past issues with my daughter) So now what?  Ask for Sole Custody? or request additional  parenting time so my daughter can attend these classes on my visitation days?

Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks

tigger

Has she given any reasons for not wanting the child to attend the class?
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

waspnut514

Apple

Is it possible to arrange the after school group on days the child is not with BM?  If the after school program interfers with BM time with the child, she should have input into the decision.