Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

mass sux

Started by iHATE_mass, Apr 11, 2012, 02:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iHATE_mass

i write this in hopes of some advise, hope... i have a currently closed case by the mass dor i have been on disability for a few years now. i want to fight to it proved this child is not mine, id be even willing to bet i may not even be able to have kids..given i dont have 3-4 lol. i should probly start with its been almost 8 yrs since this started, i was an over the road truck driver until i went on ssdi.

however a friend of mine was living with us at the time and she got pregnant shortly after he moved in, and she always was hinting she wanted to "do us both". 9 months later i dismissed the possibility like a fool signed the birth certificate.... now he's a red head blue eyed ....well look alike of our roommate. now he has his own son that could pass as a twin brother even tho its a different mother.

i have tried talking to lawyers but they all seem to be lazy or just dismiss me as a deadbeat but i know the childs not mine in my heart n soul and i wanna prove that the stupid swab they did is another one of the thousands that are proved faulty every year yet they continue to do them. i want to sue mass into submission for the jobs this case has cost me...the repo of my mercury mountaineer that my late grandfather struggled to help me keep because mass was taking every cent i earned.

i had a knucklehead judge tell me to my face that he couldn't read my pay stub, so i tried explaining it well he decided that i made about 600 a week..from a 1400 dollar gross paystub keep in mind i was over the road so that was i think 2-3 weeks of trips 600? lol. i also at one point had her on tape saying she wanted me to just leave them alone and let her and her idiot bf and the kids live their life. i want to know if theres anything i can do i read about filing for relief? but i want to sue the emotional toll has really destroyed me im bipolar 2 manic depressive so lifes hard enough without mass ruining it like they've done all along.

Waylon

I would recommend two things; they may or may not help, because at this point (8 years into the case), a precedent may have been set in terms of your voluntary cooperation. But it's worth a try.

1) Have one or more fertility tests done by different doctors to see if you do, in fact, have viable sperm. Be aware that even a negative test now may not mean much in the eyes of the court- unless the cause of the negative test is a congenital condition they may simply claim that even though you're not fertile now, you may have been then.

2) Get two or more new swab tests done to preclude the possibility that the first one was faulty. If they come back and indicate that you're the father, then you almost certainly are indeed the father. This is by far the most likely thing to influence the court, but at this late date they may not listen no matter what the tests show.

You said, " i know the childs not mine in my heart n soul", but with all due respect, you don't know this.If you had sex with her, then the child may very well be yours, and you should brace yourself for this possibility.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

jgaff78

It wasn't clear to me in your post so I have to ask, have you had a relationship with this child? For all legal purposes, he has been your son since you signed the birth certificate but has he been your son emotionally?

tigger

Were you married at the time of conception and/or birth?
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

If you have any visitation with this child, do a swap test on your own and mail it in. Get the results and take it from there.
If you do not have any visitation, going to be hard to get another court ordered one after all this time. If the first one came back as you are the father, be ready for the second and third. Hair color and eye color sometimes skips a generation on either side.

tigger

Genetics 101 -- two recessive genes combine (one from each parent). 

Example:  My maternal grandfather had reddish hair.  It's a recessive gene.  All four of his kids were brunettes.  My paternal grandmother had red hair.  Three of her children were brunettes, one a strawberry blond.  I have reddish brown hair (was more red when I was younger).

Same with blood type.  I have Type O-.  My ex is A+.  Both of my kids came out O+.  I knew then that one of my ex's parents had type O since it's recessive and A is dominant.  Sure enough his mom is O which means that his type was actually AO while mine was OO. 

My sister is the spitting image of her mom.  My little brother looked like NO ONE in the family . . . until my stepmom got interested in genealogy and found old photos from her mother's side of the family going back a few generations.  Figured out he took after his great-grandmother's side. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

iHATE_mass

waylon i had put thought into the fertility test on the simple fact out of the few serious relationships i have had i have no other children..yet the roommate produced a boy that is a spitting image. 2nd i dont trust swabs never had never will they shouldn't even be legal given the failure rate, i do know under native laws (certified apache) blood work is required to prove father hood just tryin to find someone to help me figure that out.

jgaff78 i had somewhat of a connection but as soon as he started takin traits not mine or hers i really shut down and didn't care...sounds harsh but i felt so betrayed and lied to and all the courts can do is force repo's and nearbankruptcy because they wanted their f*ing money.

ocean the hair n eyes well eyes could be hers blue also but my thing is my father has very dominate genes im a spitting image of him as his 6 brothers and 3 sisters facial features and structure is very dominate blk/brown hair brown eyes def a darker shade of white then theres mom the native american side...there be no pale red heads here lol

tigger im curious about my blood work if i got ahold of his thru the hospital if i could prove that way somehow he isnt because even the swab looked off to me some things didn't match?

sorry if any of this seems rude i am severely bipolar and i rage bad about this subject..its bound to kill me my blood pressure gets outta control thinkin about it

Kitty C.

In order to do a blood DNA test, samples would have to be taken from both potential parent and child.  Just getting a hold of the child's in the hospital won't prove a thing because there was no DNA testing done with it.  The only slight comparison that can be made is through typing but that cannot be used to prove paternity whatsoever.  Considering that in the US, 37.4% of the population have O+ and 35.7% are A+, there are way too many people who's type can be identical.

Hospitals use swab tests all the time and, if it were ordered by the court, that is probably what they would order, as well.  As long as a reputable lab is used, the results should be close to accurate.  Just remember one thing:  whether it's by blood or by swab, there is very rarely ever a 100% match.  We're talking human nature here and perfection is an illusion.  If you get 98-99%, they consider it a match.  If you're worried about false positives, ask that it be tested twice.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

txmom702

What's to hate exactly???   You voluntarily signed the acknowledgement of parentage.  That's on you, no one else. Your opportunity to overturn parentage has LONG passed...    Get to know your son.