Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical Neglect...

Started by AlienatedMom, May 23, 2012, 07:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienatedMom

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes....
I've been in a 7 year long custody battle because of a bad choice I made, but was out of the situation once my "court appointed" lawyer allowed me to leave it.  Just got out of supervised visits and had my first overnight with my kiddos the other night.  It's been a long haul for sure, but now I've found out that my ex is medically neglecting one of my children with allergies, which he'd brought up because I own a cat.  With everything I've done up to this point to "prove" my worthiness as a parent to my children, endangering him in any way would be the last thing I'd do.  How would you approach the fact that he's very much so NOT informed me of medication which he's to take, will be getting the allergist's report tomorrow, and has gone against the allergist's previous recommendations when it suits my ex's purpose, ie, going to the stock show when advised certainly not to, and going to the place where he'd ended up in the hospital?  I've been advised to contact the county and file for removal of my son due to medical neglect...any suggestions?  And no he's had absolutely no reaction to the cat he grew up with that's in my home.

MixedBag

Medical neglect....allergies....

Honestly?  The ONLY time I'd suggest attempting to do something is when your child is in the hospital.

Kinda sounds like a tough stance -- as a parent, you'd want to take proactive measures to ensure your child doesn't suffer, but you're talking allergies......  And I think a court will only listen if the child has to be hospitalized and if the situation is life threatening for allergies.

BUT that's my humble opinion -- you've already come a long way to get out from under supervised time.  Congrats to you and the kids!