Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary custody given to husband - my visitation rights? (AL)

Started by wareagle88, Apr 18, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wareagle88

My husband was awarded temporary custody last summer. I went back to him from September until February. Since I left him again, he is not letting me see the kids AT ALL. There is nothing in the papers about visitation. Does anyone know my basic rights and if I can find those in the Code of Alabama? Also, does anyone know if his papers are any good since we lived back together? I have no attorney (YET) and he does, so I feel like I'm David fighting Goliath sometimes. :) Thank you!

ocean

Do the temp custody papers give you any visitation days/times? If you do, send him a text or email that you will be picking the kids are for the next visit according to the current court papers. Then try and pick them up. You can also try calling or sending his lawyer a letter asking when you can see the kids until the next court date.

Those papers are still legal BUT you can use the time you were home in defense at your next court hearing. You will need to for a hearing to give you joint custody and specific days/times for each of you to have the kids. If you do not have any specific dates/times in last set of papers, then you are at his will until you have an order in place.