Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vacation

Started by Mom0f3, Apr 30, 2012, 02:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom0f3

It's been some time since I have been on here, but here I am with another question.  Let's say the BM is to select her vacation visitation prior to today and have priority over the BF via written notice, but the BM never submitted her selections.  Where would this put her as far as having visitation during the summer?  There is nothing that states what should happen shall the BM not select her vacation prior to the date.  I'm not getting to the point she shouldn't be able to still have the visitation, but would you select the dates for her and if she doesn't like them then it's oh well for her as she had her chance to pick her dates.  We are needing to plan our vacation as well as birthdays for the children and have waited to receive her picks, but can not wait any longer.

One other question...if the child's birthday is listed under holiday visitation and the order states that if any holiday shall fall on a Friday or Monday it will include the nearest Saturday and Sunday would this include the child's birthday?

MixedBag

I would give it another few days in case it's lost in the mail.

Then if there's a clear deadline in the order, and the parent failed to make a selection, then the other parent should feel free to make plans and notify the first parent.  Make absolutely sure she receives the information -- like a traceable way.

Birthday -- yes....if the child's birthday falls on a Friday or Monday, it's included in the weekend.  This eliminates a "need" to go back and forth and you can connect the two without interruption.