Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My sons were abused at moms, I spoke up, now moms taking them away:(

Started by Alabamablues, May 16, 2012, 08:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabamablues

My sons are very young 5&7. About a year ago my youngest was getting hurt and abused, when I mentioned it top mom she blew up, and filed for full custody... Now she's getting it after a mediator said I'm not as organized as she is... Her boyfriend was the one my son said was hurting him! Now For trying to protect my babies, she's taking them away:( We have had them on the same schedule for 4 years. Half and half! Why is it so unfair in Oregon for fathers!?!? It's so unfair that I lose so much time with my boys cause she's vindictive and evil!!! The court system is BROKE and I'm all alone!!!

brwneyedmom

What county? I know a great attorney in Portland, but he was $350/hr in 1998. I'll see if I can find his card.
Do you have enough funds to file an appeal? It's very expensive and not always effective.
Did your son indicate that it was mom's BF who was hurting him? Tell a teacher? Tell a doctor?
Was there a case with CPS or whatever they call themselves now?

Alabamablues

Yea I told everybody! Yes my son told me it was her bf. Investigations were done and found to not have enough evidence? My son would cry when he had to go back to moms house.... It tears my heart apart....
Were in Marion County. The mediator even knew about one case of the abuse where my son told her and showed his foot... Her bf took a pen and poked his his little foot on the bottom and made puncture marks that scabbed up... The mediator seems to not care about all the abuse and only that mom is so organized... So now we have court this next week and mom is going to take them away:( I will only have them every other weekend now which is going to be so hard... I want to go and picket in front of the court house and in front of the mediators office to show how unfair it is for us fathers... 

brwneyedmom

OK, so sounds like mom and BF were able to cover their tracks. There are others who have a great deal of experience in abuse cases, but my advice would be to take your children to the ER or to their pediatrician as soon as your child reports possible abuse. I hope that this never happens again, best circumstance, but be prepared.
I cannot find that attorney's card. Sorry. He worked in Portland across the street from the old Meyer and Frank store, now Macy's. Hope that vague info helps.Do you have an attorney?
I thought the way mediation worked in Oregon was 8 free hours of mediation. If parents couldn't come to an agreement, they went to court for a trial. The mediator couldn't present a plan that wasn't agreed to by both parents. Am I wrong? Did the mediator give you any of your rights to appeal or to a change of mediators?
Good luck.