Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

18 and school left...moving back with mom

Started by hatewelfare, May 08, 2012, 06:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatewelfare

If my son moves back to ex when he is 18 and has 1 year left of school (maybe 2 if he doesn't do summer school while he is with her) Can I still keep the physical custody(the way the court order is now) just in case he doesn't like it there? What if she fights for a official custody change complete with child support ordered against me again?  Also can I just call child support and have them suspend her paying me child support but leave the case open? or would she be able to come after me right away for child support?

She has told him since I got custody at age 10 that when he turned 15 or 16 he could go to court and tell the judge he wants to live with mom...lots of pain along the way the last 8 years and I want to be done with this. I don't want him to move but if he is 18 what choice do I really have? Then there is the thing of if he is 18 and wants to move out, even if it is with his mom, who lost custody to me, isn't that an "adult" decision and he should be emancipated?

This is in MN also.

I am unwilling to give this B--ch one more cent for all the pain over the years...and I can't really afford it right now also.

Simplydad

Only a court order can stop child support.  The child support office cannot do anything without one.