Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 02:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

agreed changes

Started by momma qu, May 25, 2012, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momma qu

My ex and I agreed to change the amount he pays each month for child support... we filed papers ... but I have never received any court order paperwork signed by a judge to change the amount order in which he pays...... My ex has begun paying the lesser amount agreed upon ... but my question is ... Should I have been notified when this change was to occur... or can my ex  make the decision to change the amount himself.
thanks
Momma qu

Waylon

Normally the court or OSE has to make the change, one parent or the other can't do it.  If it happened I would certainly expect you'd get paperwork notifying you of the change in the amount.

You might want to check with the court or OSE and see if any change was actually entered into the record.

Quote from: momma qu on May 25, 2012, 02:36:01 PM
My ex and I agreed to change the amount he pays each month for child support... we filed papers ... but I have never received any court order paperwork signed by a judge to change the amount order in which he pays...... My ex has begun paying the lesser amount agreed upon ... but my question is ... Should I have been notified when this change was to occur... or can my ex  make the decision to change the amount himself.
thanks
Momma qu
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.