Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A question taken child to another country

Started by shellcode, May 28, 2012, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shellcode

Me and my ex live in NYC.We have a 6 yr old child together.I have every other weekend visits and her with physical custody, and we have joint legal custody.She went on vacation on March for a week,she met somebody over there and now they "engaged" which i believe is ridiculous to soon.But anyway she went back this month and stood another week and left my daughter with her grandparents, Now she might go back I don;t know when but if she does she going to take our daughter to the Dominican Republican basically to be with him, but i don;t know that man to have my daughter around! So I'm not going to sign no passport for her to be with him, and have my daughter around especially in a foreign country..

cases like this what can be done?

MixedBag

Waylon

This search should get you started:

Preventing move-aways (http://deltabravo.net/cms/search.php?q=move+away&s=Search&r=0)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Davy

Retrieve the child from the grand parents and keep the child with you until such time you are guaranteed the child will not be removed from this country.

shellcode

shellcode

In the summer we have 2 weeks alternating, so when she get those 2 weeks she might go to DR, to see her and she taken my daughter also because she told she might go back on agusust

Kitty C.

Regardless of whether the child has a passport, contact the State Dept. and make sure her name is flagged regarding any passport application might be filed.  Let them know that you do NOT give permission to allow the child to have a passport and leave the country and any application that might come through with what appears to be your signature is a forgery.

And even if your ex guarantees you that she will not take the child out of the country, do not believe it.  She's already been there twice this year and, if she's planning on getting married and is desperate enough, she just might tell you anything to get what she wants.  The link that Waylon provided is a good place to start, but the bottom line is DO NOT LET THAT CHILD OUT OF THE US!!!  If that means an emergency hearing to keep the ex from taking her, then so be it, but be prepared to act quickly.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Waylon

Kitty is dead-bang right...listen to what she said and DO NOT LET THAT CHILD OUT OF THE US!

Quote from: Kitty C. on May 29, 2012, 12:32:21 PM
Regardless of whether the child has a passport, contact the State Dept. and make sure her name is flagged regarding any passport application might be filed.  Let them know that you do NOT give permission to allow the child to have a passport and leave the country and any application that might come through with what appears to be your signature is a forgery.

And even if your ex guarantees you that she will not take the child out of the country, do not believe it.  She's already been there twice this year and, if she's planning on getting married and is desperate enough, she just might tell you anything to get what she wants.  The link that Waylon provided is a good place to start, but the bottom line is DO NOT LET THAT CHILD OUT OF THE US!!!  If that means an emergency hearing to keep the ex from taking her, then so be it, but be prepared to act quickly.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

MixedBag

How is the child going back and forth without a passport?   

Point is....do not let Mom get one for the child.

What they all already said.

shellcode

the child never left the usa, but the mother has been back and forth, but this time she wants to take the child over there with her,and the childs grandmother.So she could introduced them.