Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BPD, NPD

Started by BeKind, Jun 05, 2012, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeKind

I am hoping someone may have some insight into this. I have been dealing with my ex-MIL making statements that I am bipolar and have borderline personality disorder and now most recently narcissistic personality disorder. There was a protective order put in place due to this among multiple other actions of hers. I do, however, have concerns that this could be brought up in future family court custody issues. Is there any way I can go about having a psychological study done on myself to prove that I suffer from no such illnesses? I want to be prepared in every way possible because I have a feeling she is going to file for grandparents' rights in the future, as well as I know my ex wants to change our current 50/50 custody arrangement when he plans to move out of state next year.

Waylon

Generally an unsupported allegation like this is not given much weight. If it becomes an issue, make them prove it. Or, be proactive and have a psychological assessment done to show that you do not suffer from any psychological problems. This article may also help:

Personality Disorders 101 (http://deltabravo.net/cms/plugins/content/content.php?content.55)

Quote from: BeKind on Jun 05, 2012, 03:57:52 PM
I am hoping someone may have some insight into this. I have been dealing with my ex-MIL making statements that I am bipolar and have borderline personality disorder and now most recently narcissistic personality disorder. There was a protective order put in place due to this among multiple other actions of hers. I do, however, have concerns that this could be brought up in future family court custody issues. Is there any way I can go about having a psychological study done on myself to prove that I suffer from no such illnesses? I want to be prepared in every way possible because I have a feeling she is going to file for grandparents' rights in the future, as well as I know my ex wants to change our current 50/50 custody arrangement when he plans to move out of state next year.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.